DispForm Suddenly Broken – Please Help!

Forums Classic DFFS DispForm Suddenly Broken – Please Help!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Celeste Garcia
      Participant

I am suddenly unable to open my display form. No matter what I do, I’m getting the “This took forever!” error message. Tried deleting dispform.aspx and importing from last good config, copying editform.aspx, and even just starting a new DFFS form from scratch. What happened!?

Thanks,
      Celeste

Chris Diltz
      Participant

Same experience here. I eventually downgraded to version 4.4.1.3 and it loaded the form (after rebuilding the config) but now I’m hit with a variety of intermittent issues such as vLookups not loading, random javascript errors, and autocomplete not functioning.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      What SharePoint version are you on?

Please open the developer console (hit F12 > Console) and see if there are any errors there when loading the display form.

Does NewForm and EditForm work as expected?

Alexander

Chris Diltz
        Participant

SP 2010 for me. Upon upgrading to 4.4.2, all forms for all lists were throwing errors or displaying blank; I could see the tabs but no columns/content. After several minutes, all forms started working again with one exception (a display form for a custom list). I downgraded DFFS for that form to an older version which resolved the issue. Since then, issues have been intermittent across other lists.

I know “issues” doesn’t give you enough information and I haven’t thought to keep the developer toolbar open throughout the day when these items present themselves so I’ll capture data/screenshots when I see something again.

One thing to note: after the upgrade experience, I ended up deleting the entire DFFS library and rebuilding it with v4.4.1.3 files but it didn’t seen to have any effect.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

As you mention, I’ll have much more to go with if I could get an error message from you. I have been made aware of an issue with using older (v1.7 or 1.8) of jQuery.

I’ll try my best to get out a new version that fixes this issue later this week, but if you use a more modern version of jQuery this should not be the issue.

If you are able to capture any F12 > Console errors I’ll do my best to find out what caused the issue.

Alexander

Celeste Garcia
      Participant

Running SP2013. Only errors in the Console are:

HTML1500: Tag cannot be self-closing. Use an explicit closing tag.
      File: DispForm.aspx, Line: 1705, Column: 1
      HTML1508: Unmatched end tag.
      File: DispForm.aspx, Line: 1705, Column: 63

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Which installation method are you using? Is it the latest “DFFS Installer”, JSLink or the CEWP method?

Alexander

Celeste Garcia
      Participant

I believe I used the CEWP method. Installer wasn’t available yet…

Celeste Garcia
      Participant

Sorry, scratch that. I used the DFFS installer local version.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

OK, can you please go to the “DFFS Installer” and verify that the WP is installed in your NewForm?

Alexander

Celeste Garcia
      Participant

Yes, it is installed on NewForm and EditForm.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

If you have verified that it’s installed in DispForm (I meant to check DispForm and not NewForm) you can try updating the “loader” by replacing the files in the “SPJS/DFFS/loader” folder with the ones found here.

Alexander

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.