DFFS Set Field Value / Formatting

Forums Classic DFFS DFFS Set Field Value / Formatting

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      DougMcCourt
      Participant

Im trying set a rule for Editform for a list (On Save) that will set the value of a text field to the concatenation of {fielda}-{ID}. My permutation is I would like the result to be like X-0005, where value in ID is masked with leading zeros in the new field.

I though about setting a rule where if {ID} < 10 have the rule set the value as {Fielda}-000{ID} and another rule if {ID} < 100 and so forth. Unfortunately, cant seem to figure out how to trigger a rule based on the value of {ID}. Anyone run in to this, or have any good idea? (I even tried to anticipate Alexanders’ cleverness by trying {Fielda}-{ID[0000]} like the way {timestamp} works!)

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      You cannot do this directly in the “set field value” section in the rule.

If you want the ID to be generated on save, add a rule with the trigger “The form is saved”, and add “generateCustomID” in the “Run these functions / trigger these rules” field.

Then you add this to the Custom JS section:

function generateCustomID(){
      	var p = getFieldValue("ProgramType").charAt(0), id = spjs.dffs.data.thisItemID;
      	while(id.length < 4){
      		id = "0"+id
      	}
      	setFieldValue("IdNumber",p+"-"+id);
      }

Please note that you must change the fieldname “ProgramType” and “IdNumber” to your own field names.

Let me know how this works out.

Alexander

DougMcCourt
      Participant

Absolutely perfect!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad it worked!

Alexander

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.