DFFS Rules Configuration Issue

Forums Classic DFFS DFFS Rules Configuration Issue

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Julie Concialdi
      Participant

I have set up tabs and rules in DFFS backend; however, I might have the configuration wrong as I receive the attached message when trying to enter a new form on the SharePoint side. I have verified that all fields listed are NOT entered in DFFS as required fields nor are they listed as required fields in the SharePoint list. I have also made sure that all the correct fields are listed on the tab and all fields from the SharePoint list are entered in the corresponding rule (Optional, Required, View Only, Hidden). Can anyone determine from the screenshots attached if I have the selected configuration in the rules listed wrong?

Attachments:
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

This alert is shown when a field is set as required, but is not visible in any of the configured tabs in the form. Can you confirm that the fields are accessible in one of the tabs in the form?

If it’s not – and shouldn’t be visible, you must check to see if your list uses content types. If it does, the required flag is not set directly in the list settings, but you must click into the content type to see if it’s flagged as required there.

Alexander

Julie Concialdi
      Participant

I have verified that all fields in the SharePoint list and the content types are all optional. Additionally all of the fields listed on the screenshot are in one or more of the tabs in DFFS. All tabs have been created but not all rules have been created. However, the tabs and rules for the Administrative example in my screenshots have been created.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

This was strange. Any chance I could log in and look at it in your site? – if so, please send login details to alexander.bautz@gmail.com

If not, please type this in the console and hit enter – let me know the result:

spjs.dffs.data.requiredFields

Alexander

Julie Concialdi
      Participant

When I type spjs.dffs.data.requiredFields in the console and hit enter the next line populates: undefined

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

This was strange – did you enter this in the console when you had the NewForm open?

Could you post a picture of the tab where one of the fields listed in the alert box shows?

Alexander

Julie Concialdi
      Participant

Hi Alex, I spoke to Kasey yesterday and he helped me to understand a better way to set up my forms in DFFS. I was using content types in SharePoint which is probably what was causing the issue. Thank you for your time trying to figure this out!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad you figured it out!

Best regards,
      Alexander

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.