DFFS Restore Points not showing

Forums Classic DFFS DFFS Restore Points not showing

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Paul Seeger
      Participant

Hi Alex,

When I click on Restore Points no list comes up. Nothing happens. Yesterday this was working and I can see the restore points in the Review Installations tab.

With that said I did have some bad restore points which I removed from the Review Installations tab.

But, if I save a config AND create a restore point today and try to view it from the Export/Import/Restore window nothing comes up.

DFFS v4.4.5.14

Thanks.

Paul

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Not sure if this is the issue, but the restore point are not showing unless you refresh the page after you have created it – so if you create a restore point and then goes to the browse restore points and deleted configurations you won’t see it. If you exit and reenter the config, or you refresh the page it is shown.

Is this is not the issue, try hitting F12 and reload the page and see if you have any errors in the console.

Alexander

Paul Seeger
      Participant

Tried a couple of things already but for you benefit here they are.

From DFFS editor I created a restore point and refreshed the page. Then did the same and exited the DFFS editor and went back in.

Also went to the “Review Installations/reinstall” page for the site collection I’m working in and reinstalled DFFS on all of the lists. I can see the restore points there by the way.

For each one of these when I went back into DFFS editor and attempted to view any restore points and when I clicked the button to view the restore points nothing happened.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Strange – can you email me some screenshots? (to the email address you get this notification from) – I’m interested in looking at the URL to your list – you can mask the domain part, but I need to see the part after /sites or if you don’t use a managed path – the part with /Lists/…

Also, please go to the list /Lists/SPJSDynamicFormsForSharePoint and look at the Title field – do you find the items matching the URL of your list?

Alexander

Paul Seeger
      Participant

Alex,

Thanks. Here is the URL for the list having the issue. Seems this is occurring on only this list and not others. So when I click on “browse restore points” the list actually comes up. But not at the link below.

If you need more screen shots of something let me know.

Thanks for the help.

Paul

https://somesite/SiteAssets/DFFS.aspx?backend=1&targetList={37d8d116-7447-4b3c-9fa7-0558c48f8ad2}&targetListBaseUrl=/sp/tg/MNOCENTRAL/sandbox&formId=/lists/dffsprojectstest/dispform.aspx&formType=2&saveLastGood=1&Source=https://somesite/sp/tg/MNOCENTRAL/sandbox/Lists/DFFSProjectsTest/DispForm.aspx?ID=1&loadedFromCDN=false

Attachments:
        Alexander Bautz
        Keymaster

Not sure I understand exactly what you mean, but the “dffs2.png” image above does not show the backed up configs – it is a list of the “active” installations of DFFS in this site. The Reinstall button will not actually reinstall the DFFS config, but the DFFS solution itself in the form.

When you want to restore a backed up config you must go to the form you want to restore the config to, go to the tab you have shown in your “dffs1.png” image and click the button “Browse restore points and deleted configurations”. Now you see a list of all configs that are backed up or deleted and can restore it.

Alexander

Paul Seeger
      Participant

Alex,

That’s the point. When I click on “Browse restore points” nothing comes up. When I say nothing I am saying no window or anything pops up showing restore points (which I have created) that I can select from.

Seems to only be confined to this particular list though.

Paul

Alexander Bautz
        Keymaster

Ah – sorry I didn’t get that immediately. Hit F12 – refresh the page – and see if there are any errors in the console that could be related to this.

Also, maybe there are some corrupted items in your config list (/Lists/SPJSDynamicFormsForSharePoint) – try deleting any items manually from there that you don’t need for this specific form.

Alexander

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.