DFFS – refering to a 'parent' form

Forums Classic DFFS DFFS – refering to a 'parent' form

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      DougMcCourt
      Participant

Has anyone come up with a way to use a field value from a ‘parent’ DispForm in the rule set for a EditForm?

Im thinking of approaching by requiring the edit form to be a dialog from the Dispform
      so am wondering if there is syntax to use in a rule based on a field in the Editform, and compare it to a field value in the parent “Dispform” (note: the field in the DispForm is a supplemental value associated with a Lookup to another list) My goal is to have a rule like

If {EditformField} greater than or equal to {ParentDispForm.{parentdispfield} then the rule fires.

Has anyone successfully done this?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      This will also require a custom function. Create a rule with trigger “Custom JavaScript function”, and add this to the “This value” field: “compareLookupFieldValue”. Then add this to the Custom JS section:

function compareLookupFieldValue(){
      	var data = spjs.utility.getItemByID({"listName":_spPageContextInfo.pageListId,"id":spjs.dffs.data.thisItemID,"viewFields":["LookupExtraFieldInternalName"]}), lookupValue = data["LookupExtraFieldInternalName"], currValue = getFieldValue("EditFormInput"), a, b;
      	if(lookupValue !== null){
      		a = parseInt(lookupValue.split(";#")[1],10);
      		b = parseInt(currValue,10);
      		return a < b;
      	}else{
      		return false;
      	}
      }

Please change “LookupExtraFieldInternalName” and “EditFormInput” to your own field names.

Let me know how this works out.

Alexander

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Alexander Bautz. Reason: fixed typo
      DougMcCourt
      Participant

Hi Alexander – It works – but I neglected a piece of information, the derivation of the LookupExtraFieldInternalName is based on a multiselect – so there can be multiple different values in the result returned into the lookupValue array. I need to choose the smallest value – so I tried putting in lookupValue.Sort() thinking it would percolate the smallest value up to the top of the list. Instead – I got the dreaded “This took Forever!” – and it didn’t work. (Note – it DOES work properly if there is only one item in the LookupExtraFieldInternalName.) note2: The possible values are: 4 – Exec Oversight; 3 – Management; 2 – Program; or 1 – Workstream / Team.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

This should do the trick:

function checkLookupFieldValue(){
      	var data, lookupValue, currValue = getFieldValue("EditFormInput"), a = 0, b;
      	data = spjs.utility.getItemByID({"listName":_spPageContextInfo.pageListId,"id":spjs.dffs.data.thisItemID,"viewFields":["LookupExtraFieldInternalName"]});
      	lookupValue = data["LookupExtraFieldInternalName"]; 
      	if(lookupValue !== null){
      		$.each(lookupValue.split(";#"),function(i,s){
      			if(i % 2 !== 0){
      				if(a === 0 || parseInt(s,10) < a){
      					a = parseInt(s,10);
      				}
      			}
      		});
      		b = parseInt(currValue,10);
      		return a < b;
      	}
      }

Please change “LookupExtraFieldInternalName” and “EditFormInput” to your own field names.

Let me know if this works.

Alexander

DougMcCourt
      Participant

Again – worked perfectly!!

Thank you

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback – I’m glad it worked out.

Best regards,
      Alexander

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.