DFFS Offline Forms

Forums Classic DFFS DFFS Offline Forms

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Kristoffer Bertsch
      Participant

Hello,

I am building a contigency plan and was curious to know if the form can be used offline or if there was solution to working offline. I appreciate your help!

-Kris

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Sorry for the late reply – I have had some problems with notifications from the forum.

I’m not sure I understand what you mean by working offline – can you explain a bit more?

Alexander

Kristoffer Bertsch
      Participant

Not a problem! Let’s say I have someone who would need to use a DFFS form however there is no internet connection where they are at. Can DFFS work “offline”?

I have a backup option to fill in a spread sheet and enter data manauly but was curious if you had any tricks.

Kristoffer Bertsch
      Participant

A follow up..I didn’t want to post a new thread.

How can I stop the form from jumping to the top of the tabbed page when a rule is ran?

Thanks and you rock man!
      -Kris

Bryan Waldrop
      Participant

I wanted to bump this question as I have been asked to create a contingency plan for SharePoint. We have a popular form built with DFFS that has become a huge part of the department’s daily workflow. However, the company has and is experiencing some IT issues that have SharePoint sites unavailable for large portions of the workday.

Is it possible to have a offline access?
      For my particular situation there would be benefit in even working through the information presented in add new form without saving data back to the list as long as the DFFS logic could be applied. In other words No edit or display form would be necessary.

Thanks!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Sorry, but I cannot see how this would work because DFFS only “lives” in the SharePoint form and doesn’t have any external resources outside the SharePoint portal. This means that if your SharePoint site is down, unfortunately so is DFFS.

You might be able to user PowerApps, but I haven’t tested this myself: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/build-offline-apps-with-new-powerapps-capabilities/

You might also find some useful info about connecting to an on premises installation here: https://jwcooney.com/2017/05/28/set-up-microsoft-powerapps-to-connect-to-an-on-premises-sharepoint-installation/

Alexander

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.