DFFS Loader by SJPSBlog.com appearing as entry in forms

Forums Classic DFFS DFFS Loader by SJPSBlog.com appearing as entry in forms

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Jeff Law
      Participant

Hi,
      Just upgrading one of the sites I look after. I have 6 lists that I have customised using DFFS, and so I am working my way through upgrading the lists to use 4.365 and the JSLink option. The previous versions I am upgrading from are 4.2 and 4.254 and used CEWP.

I also had a test list running 4.2 which was the first list I upgraded and it all worked fine. Taking the plunge, I have started upgrading the real lists, and the first one I did, also worked with no hitches. Unfortunately the 2nd one is not working as expected. What I am getting is the added Site Column, DFFS Loader by SPJSBlog.com, appearing as a column in the form, complete with the “Add this field to activate the DFFS feature” description.

The process I have been using for upgrading the lists, is:
      1) Remove the CEWP web parts that held the previous versions DFFS Overlay and DFFS Frontend for all the forms.
      2) Add the Site Column, DFFS Loader by SPJSBlog.com
      3) View the forms, and go into DFFS and save them.

One thing that did happen, is that when I removed both the CEWP on the New Form and Edit Form for the list that I am having problems with, I got an unexpected error. Going back into the form, the CEWP had been removed. I did not have this occur on the Display Form.

Also, the list I am having the issue with has 2 Content Types associated with it: the standard Event, plus a customised Tournament Event, which has some added fields to it. The Tournament Event is set as the default content type, and is visible of the New button. The Event content type is not visible, nor visible on the New button.

When I am adding the Site Column, I get an option to Add to all content types, as well as the option to Add to default view. I am leaving the Add to all content types option checked.

I have tried removing the Site Column and re-adding, and I have also tried running the Update Orphaned Columns option but no difference.

Any ideas as to what I need to do to get the Site Column to act as the link to DFFS rather than just another column on the form?

Regards
      Jeff

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      It’s hard to tell without looking at it, but it might be related to the customized content type. Do you see any errors in the developer console (hit F12 > Console)?

If you don’t see any errors, you can go back to the CEWP-installation method. You find the CEWP-files for the new version in the “/SPJS/DFFS/CEWP” folder. Follow the installation method described here: https://spjsblog.com/dffs/dffs-installation-manual/#SharePoint_2007_2010_and_2013_CEWP_approach

Alexander

Jeff Law
      Participant

Hmmm. Still working on this. I am gone back to using CEWP method, and now get a completely blank top menu area when I select the List -> Form Web Parts -> Default xxxx Form.

Makes it a bit difficult to add anything when I have no options to choose from. 🙂

Will keep looking at this to see if I can get anywhere, and will update, when resolved.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m sorry I cannot be of any help here as I have not seen this behavior before. Please post back your finding.

Alexander

Jeff Law
      Participant

I have an open ticket with Microsoft for this at the moment. They are apparently working on some hotfix. Hopefully it will be resolved soon so I can get back to what I was doing on that site 🙂

Jeff Law
      Participant

Hi,

Finally getting back to this issue. I have a work around so that I can now edit the default forms.

One question, I have is whether there is any issues configuring a site to use both methods, jslink, and cewp, for different lists? I have some lists configured with the jslink, as that is my preferred way of doing things, but as some lists aren’t working with the jslink configuration, I am going to use the cewp for those.

Regards
      Jeff

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I’m glad you found a workaround. You can use both methods in the same site without any problems.

Alexander

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.