DFFS Installer error – Local Install

Forums Classic DFFS DFFS Installer error – Local Install

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      saw_admins
      Participant

I’m working on a “local installer” installation of DFFS v4.4.3.65 on Sharepoint Foundation 2013 to upgrade from a way old version (3.3!), but I’m encountering an error after creating the web part page used for the install. I’m attaching a screenshot of it.

Under “DFFS Installer v1.1.0.6 – August 02, 2018” ribbon, I get the error:

Getting all lists in this site…

Unexpected response from server. The status code of response is ‘0’. The status text of response is ”.

I put the DFFS folder from the ZIP into a form library in the root of the site labeled ‘SPJS’. I used a web part page, not a wiki. Installer page is at: http://sharepointsite/SPJS/DFFS_Installer.aspx

Web part is referencing: /SPJS/DFFS/installer/Installer_CEWP_code.html

——————-
      Forum posts didn’t show anything for this. My Google-fu only found items pointing to resources being a problem on the SharePoint server. That is a non-starter, as resources are running at about 15% usage at any give time. I rebooted the server for good measure.

Any of you wonderful folks have any ideas?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

You write that you:

put the DFFS folder from the ZIP into a form library in the root of the site labeled ‘SPJS’.

Is the SITE named SPJS or is the DOCUMENT LIBRARY named SPJS? – the latter is correct.

Please hit F12 to bring up the developer tools ant look at the Console tab when you reload the page – any errors there?

Alexander

saw_admins
      Participant

The DOCUMENT LIBRARY is named SPJS.

Good call on the Developer Console. In Firefox, there are no errors, but in Chrome there are.

ScriptResource.axd?d=HtcB1xYOjbTYgWJRr1XgAvdkRxICI7GCNofnViIB51OkT2IMPC0HsE_M2y-KPtYeP4FXobT3McTsIoCfvBfEiyopZfrOk9M44qTTNUa5b2FEl-VuYNWWjDSTbdCyZO-fkZqfxm8JZUjtq7dWfJyxw3jZwKOGaRWbTNe2n3hMwwUFdI8B13MFHh9W8UB8oGHF0&t=42a7acab:5 GET http://sitename/_windows/default.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2f_vti_bin%2fclient.svc%2fProcessQuery net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

executeRequest	@	ScriptResource.axd?d…8oGHF0&t=42a7acab:5
      executeRequest	@	ScriptResource.axd?d…8oGHF0&t=42a7acab:5
      invoke	@	ScriptResource.axd?d…8oGHF0&t=42a7acab:5
      $31_0	@	sp.runtime.js?rev=5f…IRdwUeg4WEg%3D%3D:2
      executeClientRequestAsync	@	sp.runtime.js?rev=5f…IRdwUeg4WEg%3D%3D:2
      executeQueryAsync	@	sp.runtime.js?rev=5f…IRdwUeg4WEg%3D%3D:2
      dffs_getLists	@	DFFS_Installer.aspx:849
      (anonymous)	@	DFFS_Installer.aspx:826
      NotifyEventAndExecuteWaitingJobs	@	init.js?rev=zwpf9CD1…m6imImmQglQ%3D%3D:1
      NotifyScriptLoadedAndExecuteWaitingJobs	@	init.js?rev=zwpf9CD1…m6imImmQglQ%3D%3D:1
      (anonymous)	@	sp.js?rev=PaF2ZrI2GlTO1B5ru0gYug%3D%3D:2
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I haven’t seen this behavior before, but I Googled “_windows/default.aspx?ReturnUrl=” and found (among other hits) this:
      https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/70959200-c2f7-4433-82a9-04db1cefeff3/sharepoint-custom-form-unexpected-redirecting-to-windowsdefaultaspx?forum=sharepointdevelopment

It looks like there might be an issue with the authentication on your web app.

Let me know if you are able to figure it out.

PS: I deleted one of the attachments so the URL of the site is not revealed.

Alexander

saw_admins
      Participant

Thanks for removing that, Alexander.

I was looking at the same exact article earlier. That didn’t help though.

Done a few dozen things since then, but in the end – UPDATES.

KB2768001 got me right. I was clearly missing an update, and this roll-up got me in the right place. I’m not longer getting the error I had above.

I’m now going to use your method to install a “custom version”, so I can upgrade my current form properly.

Thanks!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad you were able to sort it out.

Alexander

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.