› Forums › Classic DFFS › DFFS Installer error – Local Install
- This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 10 months ago by Alexander Bautz.
May 22, 2019 at 15:13 #25383
I’m working on a “local installer” installation of DFFS v22.214.171.124 on Sharepoint Foundation 2013 to upgrade from a way old version (3.3!), but I’m encountering an error after creating the web part page used for the install. I’m attaching a screenshot of it.
Under “DFFS Installer v126.96.36.199 – August 02, 2018” ribbon, I get the error:
Getting all lists in this site…
Unexpected response from server. The status code of response is ‘0’. The status text of response is ”.
I put the DFFS folder from the ZIP into a form library in the root of the site labeled ‘SPJS’. I used a web part page, not a wiki. Installer page is at: http://sharepointsite/SPJS/DFFS_Installer.aspx
Web part is referencing: /SPJS/DFFS/installer/Installer_CEWP_code.html
Forum posts didn’t show anything for this. My Google-fu only found items pointing to resources being a problem on the SharePoint server. That is a non-starter, as resources are running at about 15% usage at any give time. I rebooted the server for good measure.
Any of you wonderful folks have any ideas?
May 22, 2019 at 18:29 #25388
You write that you:
put the DFFS folder from the ZIP into a form library in the root of the site labeled ‘SPJS’.
Is the SITE named SPJS or is the DOCUMENT LIBRARY named SPJS? – the latter is correct.
Please hit F12 to bring up the developer tools ant look at the Console tab when you reload the page – any errors there?
May 22, 2019 at 18:42 #25390
The DOCUMENT LIBRARY is named SPJS.
Good call on the Developer Console. In Firefox, there are no errors, but in Chrome there are.
ScriptResource.axd?d=HtcB1xYOjbTYgWJRr1XgAvdkRxICI7GCNofnViIB51OkT2IMPC0HsE_M2y-KPtYeP4FXobT3McTsIoCfvBfEiyopZfrOk9M44qTTNUa5b2FEl-VuYNWWjDSTbdCyZO-fkZqfxm8JZUjtq7dWfJyxw3jZwKOGaRWbTNe2n3hMwwUFdI8B13MFHh9W8UB8oGHF0&t=42a7acab:5 GET http://sitename/_windows/default.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2f_vti_bin%2fclient.svc%2fProcessQuery net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS
executeRequest @ ScriptResource.axd?d…8oGHF0&t=42a7acab:5 executeRequest @ ScriptResource.axd?d…8oGHF0&t=42a7acab:5 invoke @ ScriptResource.axd?d…8oGHF0&t=42a7acab:5 $31_0 @ sp.runtime.js?rev=5f…IRdwUeg4WEg%3D%3D:2 executeClientRequestAsync @ sp.runtime.js?rev=5f…IRdwUeg4WEg%3D%3D:2 executeQueryAsync @ sp.runtime.js?rev=5f…IRdwUeg4WEg%3D%3D:2 dffs_getLists @ DFFS_Installer.aspx:849 (anonymous) @ DFFS_Installer.aspx:826 NotifyEventAndExecuteWaitingJobs @ init.js?rev=zwpf9CD1…m6imImmQglQ%3D%3D:1 NotifyScriptLoadedAndExecuteWaitingJobs @ init.js?rev=zwpf9CD1…m6imImmQglQ%3D%3D:1 (anonymous) @ sp.js?rev=PaF2ZrI2GlTO1B5ru0gYug%3D%3D:2
May 22, 2019 at 19:17 #25394
I haven’t seen this behavior before, but I Googled “_windows/default.aspx?ReturnUrl=” and found (among other hits) this:
It looks like there might be an issue with the authentication on your web app.
Let me know if you are able to figure it out.
PS: I deleted one of the attachments so the URL of the site is not revealed.
May 22, 2019 at 21:18 #25408
Thanks for removing that, Alexander.
I was looking at the same exact article earlier. That didn’t help though.
Done a few dozen things since then, but in the end – UPDATES.
KB2768001 got me right. I was clearly missing an update, and this roll-up got me in the right place. I’m not longer getting the error I had above.
I’m now going to use your method to install a “custom version”, so I can upgrade my current form properly.
May 23, 2019 at 18:12 #25422
I’m glad you were able to sort it out.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.