DFFS functionality will not be applied

Forums Classic DFFS DFFS functionality will not be applied

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Gerard Graham
      Participant

Hi there

We are finally migrating to sp2013 from 2010 and carrying out tests on the new servers. All seems to be working well except redirects from new to display forms. On the new server the following message appears at the top of the display form (a display form with no content, just showing default/typical values)

“DFFS functionality will not be applied because you are attempting to load a non-existing list item (missing ID in the URL).”

I’ve checked that all the scripts on the new server are there and that any absolute referencing is updated to the new server url but can’t find where the problem is.

I’ve also noticed the same message flashes up on the live server before disappearing and the display form appearing as I’d expect.

Any suggestions where I might look?

DFFS Backend/Frontend v4.365
      Thanks

Gerry

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      This text is added by design to tell that DFFS is stopped from trying to execute while the form is not loaded with a valid ID (as some queries would fail).

I see that this might interfere with how you have used the redirect in SP2010. Could you tell what the requirements for redirecting from NewForm to DispForm is?

I still haven’t got a good solution to the redirect problem in SP 2013, but have an ongoing investigation to find a proper way of redirecting. In the meantime you could possibly use something like this: https://spjsblog.com/2015/10/13/redirect-from-newform-to-editform-in-dffs/

Alexander

Gerard Graham
      Participant

The list is a project register. The first few fields are completed then the record is saved allowing child records in the form or outputs to be added via a vLookup.

Am I right in thinking that the solution we use in 2010 doesn’t work in 2013 and that is why I’m encountering the message now?

The list is pretty stable so moving to the solution you suggest shouldn’t be a problem.

Regards

Gerry

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Sorry for the delay. The redirect method used in SP 2010 will most likely not work in SP 2013 so if you can adapt to the method I suggested you should have a more reliable solution.

Alexander

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.