DFFS Feature Enhancements

Forums Requests DFFS Feature Enhancements

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Colin
      Participant

Hi Alex – Curious if you have a list of feature enhancements you are aiming for in the next release? Additionally is there a release date planned at this time?

• This topic was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Colin.
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Due to the latest changes to SharePoint – where all lists and forms are totally redesigned, I had to rethink my plans with v5 of DFFS on office 365.

To be able to keep up with these major changes – where all forms are rendered with knockout js – and the DOM structure is totally changed, I’ll have to do some more testing to see which approach I should choose.

With the new UI, the JSLink installation approach no longer works, and as a starter I have designed a new installer for DFFS that automates the insertion of Content Editor Web Parts in the list forms with a click of a button. The installer will be published soon – as an app for SP 2013 – with a ribbon button in lists and libraries – or as a “local app” to put in a Web part page if you don’t have the ability to use APPs.

This installer will (for now) let you use the existing DFFS version in the new UI of lists. The reason for this is that adding a CEWP to a form will force it to render in classic view.

I’m not sure how long this will keep working, so I’ll continue my work finding the best way forward.

The APP / new installer will be published within a week or two, but the new version of DFFS will not be ready until later this year.

Alexander

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.