Delay on tab switch and working gif

Forums vLooup for SharePoint Delay on tab switch and working gif

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Kasey
      Participant

I recently upgraded to DFFS 4.4.4.23 and vLookup 2.2.146. After I did that when I switch to a tab that has vLookup the gif that shows you something is happening takes a few seconds to show up. Impatient users think the tab is empty and move on. Any ideas or work arounds to get that to show up as soon as the tab is selected?

• This topic was modified 4 years ago by Kasey.
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thanks for letting me know, I’ll fix this in the next release.

Alexander

Kasey
        Participant

Thank you! Is there any temporary work around you can think of with my current versions?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Sorry, but there is no quick fix. You would have to use custom js to prepend a spinner to the field and then use custom js again to remove it when the vLookup is ready.

I hope to get the new version out tomorrow (to fix a bug that has been reported).

Alexander

Kasey
        Participant

No problem. Thanks for all that you do!

Kasey
      Participant

Alex, could you also take a look at the visibility of the edit icon? Users with only view permissions of the child list have the edit icon and get access denied when they click on it. In previous versions I thought the icon was visible/hidden based on the child list permissions?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I cannot recall having checked the actual permissions per child item in this solution – and this is unfortunately not something I’m able to add at the moment.

Alexander

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.