Data Values Overlapping

Forums SPJS Charts for SharePoint Data Values Overlapping

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      DCH
      Participant

Alexander,

I don’t know much about SVG, but it looks like I can’t modify the chart appearance with css or jQuery. I have a chart with multiple line graphs and the “show data value in the column” option selected. Many of the data value labels are overlappig each other and are unreadable. Is there a way to force the elements to change position if they are touching?

Thanks!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Unfortunately there is no option (that I know of) to prevent annotation overlap, but you can try this to flip the text vertically:
      Option: annotation
      Value: {“2”:{“style”:”line”}}

The number 2 is the column “count” from the top – in most cases the “index + 1”.

Alexander

Chris Diltz
      Participant

Alex, do you know of a way to show annotations for specific series? I have four lines/columns on my line chart and I only want data values to appear for two of those lines.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Sorry for the delay. It seems I have an issue with annotations (role = annotation and role = annotation text) in this version. I’ll fix it in the next release.

To use it when I get it published, just add a column / field in the chart config after the one you want annotation on – containing the text to annotate.

Alexander

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.