Data in "_vLookupID" field only loads if a folder has been created

Forums vLooup for SharePoint Data in "_vLookupID" field only loads if a folder has been created

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      chgrnet
      Participant

Is there a way, in the parent form, to only load the automatically created data in the “_vLookupID” field if a folder has been created? I want to update data in the child list with data from the parent list as the parent list is updated (to show status, etc.) I want to use whether the “_vLookupID” field has data as a driver for this, so the workflow does not throw an error. Also, I think the loading of this data may be causing the form to load slower (I’m not sure of this, but is it possible?).

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m not sure I understand what you mean in the first part. How is the folder created, and what does the workflow do?

The value in the field _vLookupID is automatically created by the vLookup script when a new item is created, so I’m not sure this can be used to “know” if a folder has been created. It would be better to write to another field when whatever code / wf that created the folder has finished.

When it comes to the performance part, it will affect the loading of the form – especially if you query a large dataset, or have multiple vLookups on the first tab.

To minimize the loading time, you should put the vLookup columns in a separate tab as they are not loaded before the field is made visible in a tab.

Alexander

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.