Custom JS to set default value for choice yes/no drop down field

Forums Classic DFFS Custom JS to set default value for choice yes/no drop down field

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Sanchez
      Participant

Does anyone have a JS script to set field default value be the value from another column (same table,/same record). So basically I need field default value for Column B (No/Yes Choice Drop Down, editable) to be the value in Column A (single line text, read only). Apparently the ‘calculated value’ under default value section of a choice type column doesn’t allow to simply reference another column within same item.

SteveE
      Participant

Hello,

I’m a little confused by the question. Column B is Yes/No choice but Column A is a text field. If column A is anything besides Yes or No it won’t work. If it’s always Yes or No, why not set up a rule in dffs, use the Set field value section and reference the column using brackets {ColumnA}?

Sanchez
      Participant

Hi Steve, Column A is a text field because it happens to be a cascading dropdown being referenced from another list. But yes there will always be a yes/no value. I was hoping to avoid adding yet another rule since I’m in the upper 90s now and wanting to skim those down as it may be too much to maintain or can impact load time. Was thinking adding Custom JS that gets value from Column A as default for Column B would be better. Do you suggest a rule is better?

Sanchez
      Participant

I have been able to solve for it using cascading dropdowns. Tool does allow for multiple columns (Column A and B) to both reference the same original field from the other list.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.