Custom JS issue with v4.4.3.34

Forums General discussion Custom JS issue with v4.4.3.34

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Carl E Tippins
      Participant

I’m having a couple of issues with Custom JS.
      Both issues were working in DFFS Backend v4.4.3.15, but not in v4.4.3.34 (Beta version fully installed today).

1) I can’t type anything in the Custom JS script area. I can paste, but not type.

2) I am using Custom JS to change the header text of a couple of fields.
      Here’s an example of the code I’m using:
      $(“#sbs_Field__x0032_DownExec”).find(“td.ms-formlabel H3”).text(“2 Down Exec”);

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

1:
      Does the syntax highlighting work in the code editor? – add a screenshot so I can see how it looks.

Which browser are you using? – I changed to a newer version of the ACE code editor and it might be a problem related to that. Can you bring up the dev console (hit F12 > Console) and see if there are any errors?

2:
      Not sure what you mean – doesn’t this snippet work anymore?

Alexander

Carl E Tippins
      Participant

1. I attached a screen shot of the Custom JS tab.
      There were no errors in the dev console.
      I use Internet Explorer 11.

2. The snippet worked on 4.4.3.15, but it’s not working on 4.4.3.34.

Carl E Tippins
      Participant

I noticed today that I also can’t add anything in the Custom CSS box by typing, but I can paste and delete code.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

It looks like this version of ACE doesn’t like IE in IE 8 mode. Are you able to try using another browser – like Google Chrome?

If not, try hitting F12 and select “Emulation” and set “Document mode” to IE 9 or above.

Alexander

Carl E Tippins
      Participant

It did not like changing the Document mode at all. It cause A LOT of errors. Tried setting it to 9 and 10, errors happened both times.
      I could edit the fields in Chrome. However, IE 11 is the company standard and everyone uses it. So I still have the header (formlabel) not picking up the change in text.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

You can copy the files from the “/DFFS/ace” folder in the old release and overwrite the files in “/DFFS/ace/src-min-noconflict” in the new release. This will load v1.2.6 of Ace and it should most likely work better.

Please let me know how this works out.

Alexander

Carl E Tippins
      Participant

That did it!
      There was one file on the new version that wasn’t on the old version, ext-themelist.js. Do I need to do anything with it or just leave it there?

Thanks for all your help!!
      Carl

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad it worked. I’ll see what I can do about it in the next release. The ext-themelist.js isn’t currently used so you can just leave it.

Alexander

Patrice
      Participant

I, too am having this issue after updating to v4.4.3.34 but replacing the ace folder/files to the last version working for my (2017-08-17) did not resolve this issue. I am able to edit in Google Chrome but I prefer using IE 11 for ease of use with all other open browser windows.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Please hit F12 > Console and let me know what errors you see there when you try to open a DFFS form and enter the Custom JS tab.

Alexander

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.