Creating a cascading lookup with lookup field

Forums Modern DFFS Creating a cascading lookup with lookup field

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Tanya Edgar
      Participant

I know this is a simple question, but I have 2 lists Category and Sub Category. I want to create a cascading dropdown so that the choice of category changes the available options in the category.

The Category list contains ID, and Title
      The Sub Category list contains the ID, the Category (as a lookup), Title

There is another list that contains the Category and the Sub Category and this is the list I want to add the dropdowns.

Here’s the code I currently have (and it doesn’t work)
      Category.LookupValue -eq ‘[[fieldValue:Case_x0020_Category.LookupValue]]’

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Not sure if this is the only problem, but there should not be a dash before eq. Change your filter like this:

Category.LookupValue eq '[[fieldValue:Case_x0020_Category.LookupValue]]'

If that doesn’t help please share some screenshots of the configuration so I can see what you are trying to do.

Alexander

Tanya Edgar
      Participant

Thank you for the reply. I have added a couple of screenshots which show the child lookup table. I have also included the code from the original dffs that shows how the tables were linked.

Our parent table category has id, title
      Our child table sub category has id, title, category (lookup to parent table)

I’m sorry that I’m asking such an obvious question.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

OK, I think it should work if you just change your filter parameter on the “Sub category” field like this:

Category eq '[[fieldValue:Case_x0020_Category.LookupId]]'

Alexander

Tanya Edgar
      Participant

Thank you very much. I tried that combo yesterday, but stil had the eq with the – in front which is why it didn’t work!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad it worked – I have update the user manual with an example to make it easier to set this up for others.

Alexander

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.