Create field with people picker data

Forums Classic DFFS Create field with people picker data

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      David Salewski
      Participant

Hi there!

I am trying to create a new list item with JavaScript which works perfectly but for two types: dates and people picker. I used the following manual for the process:
      Create a new item in list B prefilling common fields from list A.
      So I am now trying to fill up the data array.

If I want to populate an item with data from a people picker field, I get an error code. The code is 0x80020005. I tried several methods to get the data, but none seem to work:

data.INTERNAL_FIELD_NAME = getFieldValue('INTERNAL_FIELD_NAME','');

data.INTERNAL_FIELD_NAME = spjs.utility.getFieldValue({"fin":"INTERNAL_FIELD_NAME","delimiter":",","key":"loginName"})

data.INTERNAL_FIELD_NAME = spjs.utility.userInfo(spjs.utility.getFieldValue({"fin":"INTERNAL_FIELD_NAME","delimiter":",","key":"loginName"}));

They all provide me with the same error

The date field also does not work. I tried to regex my date format to the needed one, but it still throws an error.

var raw = getFieldValue('Liefertermin','').split(/[.]/);
      var dateString = raw[2]+"-"+raw[0]+"-"+raw[1]+" 00:00:00";

This codes takes my date format (20.09.2017) and converts it to “2017-09-20 00:00:00”. I tried both with and without the time.

Do you have any tips for me, which could help?

P.S.: The versions I use are
      DFFS Backend v4.4.2.9|
      CSS version: 4.21 / 4.21|
      spjs-utility version: 1.279

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Sorry for the delay. To update a People picker with code, you must pass the ID like shown here:

var login = spjs.utility.getFieldValue({"fin":"INTERNAL_FIELD_NAME","delimiter":",","key":"loginName"});
      var userId = spjs.utility.userInfo(login).ID;
      data.INTERNAL_FIELD_NAME = userId;

The date value must be passed like this:

spjs.utility.updateItem({"listName":"YOUR_LIST_DISPLAY_NAME_OR_GUID","id":"YOUR_ITEM_ID","data":{"COLUMN_NAME":"2017-09-20 00:00:00"}});

Alexander

David Salewski
      Participant

Both worked perfectly, thanks!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.