I am having an issue with required fields losing the dffs-formvalidation class when they are cascading dropdown fields. I have tried making them required at the list level as well as via DFFS rules. They are still required fields but the * is not present so the user doesn’t know they are required until they try to save. Any ideas?
I think I caused my own problem. Sorry for any confusion.
1. I had a field called FIELD1 that was a cascading drop down
2. I added custom JS to change the label
a. $(fields[‘FIELD1’]).find(“.ms-formlabel h3”).text(“Field 1 Friendly”);
3. It no longer appeared to be required
1. I updated the jquery to include the * in the renamed label
2. I added jquery to make the * red