"Author" value

Forums Classic DFFS "Author" value

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Kasey
      Participant

We are trying to compare the value of a people picker to the Author or Created By. I know you don’t have an existing trigger for that so we were going to use custom js. Unfortunately getFieldValue(“Author”) doesn’t return a value. Is there another built in function you have that would return the Author so we could compare against the value of a people picker?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Sorry for the late reply – you can compare with “Author” and “Editor” in this trigger (see attachment).

If you want to use Custom JS you can find the author like this:

// Name
      spjs.dffs.beforeProperties.Author
      ["Alexander Bautz"]
      // ID
      spjs.dffs.beforeProperties.Author_ID
      ["12"]

Please note that both values are in fact arrays so you must convert it to string if you plan to use it for comparing with another variable.

Alexander

Zaruba.Ivan
      Participant

Hi,

is it possible to get current item author email? I would like to use it as an email recipient in e-mail template for use with DFFS rule.

Thank You,

Ivan

Alexander Bautz
        Keymaster

You should be able to use {Author} in the “To” or “Cc” field in the Email template – did you try that?

If it doesn’t work I need to know which version of DFFS you are running.

Alexander

Zaruba.Ivan
      Participant

Hi,

You are right. Field {Author} works of Course. Sorry, it was my mistake in email account configuration.

Sincerelly,

Ivan

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.