Alert Notificaitons

Forums General discussion Alert Notificaitons

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Majedix
      Participant

Hi Alex,

I have a list that contains content approval when the user add an item , the supervisor shall approve it. for example the below list fields:

ID: employee number
      Employee Name : Majedix
      Department: SIS
      Supervisor Approval: Majedix

My concern is how to add alert based on Superviosr Approval Name so, the notifications email reach only the Supervisor Name who was added.

Can we achieve that, i have more than 100 supervisor and more than 1000 employees will add items in the list , those supervisor worked in different departments and if used workflow will reach every one m this is what I don’t want to do.

Note:
      I’m end user (i can’t work in SP Designer )

Thanks.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

If you set up an email from DFFS and uses {SupervisorApproval} (if that is your field internal name) in the “To” field, it will pick up the person added to that field in the current item.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Alexander

Majedix
      Participant

Thank you Alex for your reply.

The email is already sat up by the Administrator. I have only the button of the Alert in the Ribbon.

Thanks.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Ah – I see – unfortunately I cannot override this builtin functionality. The only way I can help you is if you set up the content approval using DFFS and not the built in SharePoint functionality. You can add a choice field “IsApproved” to your list with the options “Pending”, “Yes” and “No” and set an email to the “Approver” and corresponding rules in DFFS to ensure only the “Approver” can edit it in the “Pending” state.

Let me know if this sounds like a possible solution and I’ll try to set up an example for you.

Alexander

Majedix
      Participant

I appreciate your support Alex, but actually i have set the content approval via built in Functionality from list sittings. And can not set it up using DFFS :(.

Thanks in advance.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I understood that, but the only way to target the email to the person selected in a people picker in the specific form is to use DFFS and NOT the built in functionality.

If DFFS is not an option I’m afraid I cannot help you because I don’t know if it’s possible to change the out of the box SharePoint functionality to fit your needs.

Alexander

Majedix
      Participant

Thank you Alex for always support

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.