Add CSS to E-Mail and Print

Forums Classic DFFS Add CSS to E-Mail and Print

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      becca
      Participant

I want to include this button https://www.w3schools.com/code/tryit.asp?filename=G5005RT9TIHG in an email but it sends as the contents of style and the text of my button, and nothing else. How can I make the css work in the email?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

In an email you cannot use style tag or script tag. You best bet is to style an anchor tag (<a> tag) with inline css in the style attribute and have href of this anchor tag link to a page in your site – possibly with an URL query string parameter you can pick up with code on the page to execute the function in this “landing page”.

Alexander

becca
      Participant

I switched it to be inline but now I just get the button text :\

becca
      Participant

I got it to work as a link but the only styling it keeps is the text color, text size, and text background color. In w3school’s editor it looks correct though. I think I’ll have to change it to an image with a link, little bit of a bummer since I wanted the nice click function, but emails are not kind.

Thanks for your help per usual

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

The problem is the rather limited support for CSS in email clients – if you Google it you will find a list of supported CSS code in different clients.

Alexander

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.