401 Unauthorized errors in console

Forums Classic DFFS 401 Unauthorized errors in console

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Bryan R Babbitt
      Participant

Hi Alex,

Our SharePoint was upgraded to 2016 from 2013. Since the grade several quarky things are happening in Dffs. For example 401 unauthorized errors in console showing next to DFFS Frontend_min.js, some dom changes made with Jquery are failing..ect. I have even seen the 401 error on the dffs plugins folder. Do you happen to have an idea what might be happening here? I have version 4.4.3.47 . I also updated to version 4.4.3.64 and had the same issues.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

My first thought is that the update have changed the permissions for the users. Do you get the same error if you are site collection admin?

What parts of DFFS are not working, or does it not load at all?

You might have to reinstall DFFS like described in the “local installer” as described here: https://spjsblog.com/dffs/dffs-installation-manual/#InstallDFFS – or here if you don’t have access to my site from the office: https://files.spjsworks.com/files/DFFS%20and%20plugins/InstallationManual/DFFS_%20Installation%20manual%20_%20SharePoint%20JavaScripts.pdf

PS: Uninstall and reinstalling will not remove your config – it will pop back when you have reinstalled.

Alexander

Bryan R Babbitt
      Participant

Hi Alex, I am a site admin and I am seeing theses errors. It looks like dffs us loading fine, but I have some jquery code that changes the lable name in the Dom that is erroring as well. I have also seen error on the spjs utilities.

I will try reloading it all and see how it goes and let you know.
      Thanks!

Bryan R Babbitt
      Participant

Tried the uninstall and reinstall suggestion and no change. I also tried updating once again to the latest version of Dffs and still no luck.

May not be a DFFS issue at all, but my code worked fine prior to the upgrade. Is there another way to modify the label names via custom javascript other than the below?

jQuery(spjs.dffs.fields[“GWIMBizHrs”]).find(“td.ms-formlabel h3 nobr”)[0].childNodes[0].nodeValue = “Business Hours”;

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Try it like this:

jQuery("#dffs_GWIMBizHrs").find("td.ms-formlabel nobr")[0].childNodes[0].nodeValue = "Business Hours";

SP 2016 has changed the HTML so I don’t think you will find a H3 tag here anymore – inspect the HTML and see.

Alexander

Bryan R Babbitt
      Participant

Yay!!! That fixed that part of my issue. I actually only had to change h3 to span. However your version of the code worked as well.
      Thanks!!!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.