White Space – Bottom of Form

Forums General discussion White Space – Bottom of Form

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Brandon W Green
      Participant

The solution is likely staring blatantly in my face, however I have reached a wall of ‘giving up’ at this point.

I have a list with a multi-tab form, simple rules and fields, none of the typical advanced features typically leveraged in a DFFS form. When a user opens View, Edit, or New form views, there is randomly a large, white space at the bottom. This does not occur 100% of the time and there does not seem to be any rhyme or reason based on content as to why it occurs. If a user navigates to another tab and back – it effectively ‘fixes’ the issue. Not game changing but a quality of life issue to our end users.

I have a 2nd list that this behaviour just started happening in with a recent field addition (standard numeric field, no downstream lookups or calcs). The difference is that the white space does not go away when navigating between tabs. Additionally, removing the newly added field does not remove the issue, either.

The only consistency between the two lists is the a Custom CSS requirement to remove the default buttons:

}
      #s4-ribbonrow{
          display:none;
      }

Really hoping someone here has run into this before and has a solution that I have been looking at 20x over and it has simply not clicked.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      The resizing of the dialog is done with the built in SharePoint function and sometimes the height of the form isn’t calculated correctly. The hiding of the ribbonrow also might affect it as it shifts the form content up. Try removing the custom css you use to hide the ribbonrow and instead use this custom js:

jQuery("#s4-ribbonrow").hide();
      spjs.dffs.resizeDlg();

Any difference?

Alexander

Brandon W Green
      Participant

Hi Alex,
      Unfortunately none. I did test without either CSS/JS and the form loaded 100% of the time without the white bar, so these are definitely the culprits or are conflicting with something else.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Unfortunately the resize function used in DFFS in the built in SharePoint function, and I don’t have full control over the behavior. You can try setting a fixed width and height for the dialog in the Misc tab to see if you are able to find a size that works for you.

Alexander

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.