vLookup load time

Forums vLooup for SharePoint vLookup load time

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Gerard Graham
      Participant

Hi there
      I have a list with 15 vLookup relationships with various child lists. THe load time for the form is now noticeably slower than most users are prepared to accept. While I can marvel at the complexity and genius behind the form (thanks again Alexander!) I would like to reduce the load time if possible while retaining the relationships to the child records.

Firstly, can you confirm that it is the number of vLookups that will be causing the delay and if that is the case, is is possible to delay the loading of selected look ups and have them load when the current tab is fully loaded? (e.g. load the main tab with its vLookups and then load the others in the background?

The scenario is a Project management record with child lists for costing, outputs, risks, activities, impact, documents and more.

Thanks

Gerry

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Yes, the load time is most likely suffering from all the vLookups. I have developed a new version of vLookup and DFFS that makes the vLookups render on first display in a DFFS Tab. This will reduce the load time significantly.

I have not had the time to publish it yet, but I have sent you an email with the updated files for test, and will try to find time this weekend to publish it.

PS: If you have not received it, your mail server may have blocked the attachments.

Alexander

Gerard Graham
      Participant

Thanks

I may be missing something, but when I swap out the old files for the new files I, the vlookup fields appear with just their field name and no data. The back end configuration indicates that the plug in is not installed, but as far as I can see all the links to the files are working.

Regards

Gerry

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Have you updated the DFFS files also? – this is necessary for the new vLookup functionality to work.

Alexander

Gerard Graham
      Participant

I’m sure I have updated the DFFS files. The back end is showing as v4.303 (I was previously on 4.262) and there is a new tab in the set called Autocomplete which isn’t present in the set up that works.

G

Gerard Graham
      Participant

Hi there

I’ve not solved the problem, but I have found out that it works in Chrome (Version 43.0.2357.130 m), but not in IE (v11.0.9600.17843). See screen shots

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Gerry

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’ll have to test this in a SP2010 test site to try to recreate this behavior, and I’ll update this post when i have looked at it.

Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi Gerry,
      I have finally been able to look at this problem. I believe it has now been sorted in the latest vLookup plugin (frontend v2.208 and backend v2.203) – can you please test to see if the problem i solved?

Alexander

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.