vLookup in List View

Forums vLooup for SharePoint vLookup in List View

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • Author
      David S Kaimann
      Participant

I’ve upgraded to the 2.0 version of vLookup (used both 2.000 and 2.002); however, I can no longer see my vLookup Column in ListView. Everything is working fine on the DispForm page and I’ve modified the code below my ListView to match what’s in the User Guide, but still no luck. Any chance you can confirm if there’s something I’m doing wrong? I’ve attached a file with more information.

Thanks!

Attachments:
      Rich Rockwell
      Participant

I’m having the same issue.

avala
      Participant

I am experiencing this issue as well.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Sorry for the delay, do you get any errors in the developer console (hit F12 > Console)?

Alexander

Rich Rockwell
      Participant

I hope this is what you are looking for. Let me know if it isn’t.

Object expected, line 687 character 1
      (line 687: ExecuteOrDelayUntilScriptLoaded(_initTRAWebPartWPQ2, “sp.ribbon.js”);window[‘heroButton’ + ‘WebPartWPQ2’]…
      Stepping through, next error is line 688 character 7, ‘ContextInfo’ is undefined, then a series of ‘ctx’ is undefined errors

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Sorry, but this error does not sound like it originates from vLookup. It may cause vLookup to not function, but I cannot see that it is the source of the error.

Anything else that might give me a clue as to what could be wrong?

Alexander

avala
      Participant

I’ve run through the setup a few times and checked the developer console, but I’m still not seeing anything. I’ll keep looking though.

Rich Rockwell
      Participant

I repeated loading the view with IE developer tools and now I don’t see any errors. The child items from my vLookup list are still not showing, and I’m not seeing any errors.

I tried using FireFox and here are some lines I see:

[16:44:34.883] GET http://…/spjs-utility.js [HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized 16ms]
      [16:44:34.884] GET http://…/DFFS_frontend_min.js [HTTP/1.1 304 NOT MODIFIED 16ms]

then a number of search.css warnings, then

[16:44:34.996] GET http://…/spjs-utility.js [HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized 16ms]
      [16:44:35.090] GET http://…/spjs-utility.js [HTTP/1.1 304 NOT MODIFIED 31ms]

Let me know if you can suggest some specific steps for troubleshooting.

Thanks

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I cannot recreate this error, can you confirm that the list view actually works with v1.7x of vLookup?

Alexander

David S Kaimann
      Participant

Yes – this always worked in prior versions of vLookup for me – it only stopped working with the 2.0 version. I tried using the Console as well and didn’t see any errors at all.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

OK, I have a suspicion as to what the cause could be. Can you help me verify it by adding this code to the CEWP that you use in the list view:

<script type="text/javascript">
      setTimeout(function(){
      	spjs.vLookup.init();
      },1000);
      </script>

You should add it just below this line:

<script type="text/javascript" src="/[your path to the file]/vLookup_frontend_min.js"></script>

This will initiate the vLookup script “manually” after 1000 milliseconds.

Let me know if this works and I’ll look into a fix.

Alexander

avala
      Participant

I just tried adding the new script to the CEWP and no luck. Tried on both a grouped and a non grouped view.

David S Kaimann
      Participant

No change for me. Here’s the full content of my CEWP, which is below the List WebPart.

<script type=”text/javascript” src=”/sites/splqtmmy/Email/SiteAssets/DFFS/jquery.min.js”></script>
      <script type=”text/javascript” src=”/sites/splqtmmy/Email/SiteAssets/DFFS/spjs-utility.js”></script>
      <script type=”text/javascript” src=”/sites/splqtmmy/Email/SiteAssets/DFFS/vLookup_frontend_min.js”></script>
      <script type=”text/javascript”>
      setTimeout(function(){
      spjs.vLookup.init();
      },1000);
      </script>

Rich Rockwell
      Participant

I tried it with 1.731 and it works. I got prompted for the configuration and supplied all that, then it worked.

I also tried the troubleshooting code above and no luck. I get the following ‘Error on page’:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
      Timestamp: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 17:12:51 UTC

Line: 963
      Char: 24
      Code: 0
      URI: http://{MyDomain}/Lists/Librarian%20Sites/Sites%20by%20Requests.aspx?toolpaneview=2

avala
        Participant

1.731 is working for me as well. I also tested vLookup 2.0 in Firefox, Chrome, IE 10, IE 10 compatability mode, 9 and 8 with no luck.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I’m struggling to recreate this. Is it possible for me to access a site where I can see this problem “live”?

If some of you can give me access, please email me – you find my email in the “About me” tab in the top of this page.

Alexander

avala
        Participant

Unfortunately we cannot give you access inside our firewall. 1.731 is working for us now. Thanks for looking into it. I’ll continue to tinker as time allows.

Rich Rockwell
      Participant

Thanks for trying, Alexander. I’m afraid I can’t give you access. I’m with a large banking/financial institution and all my work is behind their firewall. I hope someone one else is able to get you access to their system.

Joseph Mayo
      Participant

Hey Alex I am having the same issue with 2.002. I am on SP 2010 server, ie9. No errors on f12 script pane. Works fine in the new/edit/display forms.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I had completely forgotten that I had rigged some basic debug alerts in the vLookup frontend – try adding this to the URL:

.../AllItems.aspx?vLookupDebug=1

This should produce three alerts for each vLookup column in the view (blob, query and itemcount).

Let me know if someone of you can test this, and If you get NO alerts I’ll rig a new debug version that does it more thoroughly.

Thanks for the patience,
      Alexander

Rich Rockwell
      Participant

Thanks, Alexander. I tried this and I get no alerts. I assume you mean to just enter ?vLookupDebug=1 after the name of the view on the view page. I tried that on 2 views, and I get no alerts.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I have rigged a new DEBUG version of vLookup frontend. Get it here: https://files.spjsworks.com/?dir=files%2FvLookupForSharePoint%2FSP2010+and+SP2013%2FDEBUG%2F

Post the output in a new comment in this topic.

Alexander

avala
        Participant

After updating to the new Debug version V2.0 is now working. I’m not sure if you changed anything, but I’m glad to see it’s working!

Update: I switched back to the pre-debug vLookup_frontend_min and it appears to be working. Confused, but grateful.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by avala.
      David S Kaimann
      Participant

Thanks for the debut file! It still isn’t working for me, but below are my results when running the debug in both ListView and DispForm:

List View
      vLookup DEBUG output:
      Waiting for sp.js to load and call spjs.vLookup.init…
      vLookup initiated.
      Found list view.
      Processing field “vLookup” in list “template%20and%20letter%20requests”.
      <Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Title’ /><Value Type=’Text’>template%20and%20letter%20requests:vLookup</Value></Eq></Where>
      Found 0 configuration for vLookup
      vLookup initiated.
      Found list view.
      <Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Title’ /><Value Type=’Text’>template%20and%20letter%20requests:vLookup</Value></Eq></Where>
      vLookup initiated.
      Found list view.
      vLookup initiated.
      Found list view.

DispForm
      vLookup DEBUG output:
      vLookup initiated.
      Did NOT find list view.
      Processing field “vLookup” in list “template and letter requests”.
      <Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Title’ /><Value Type=’Text’>template and letter requests:vLookup</Value></Eq></Where>
      Found 1 configuration for vLookup
      Field: vLookup

blob:
      {“listName”:”Template and Letter Requests”,”listBaseUrl”:”/sites/splqtmmy/Email”,”query”:{“fin1″:”Hotkey”,”type1″:”Text”,”value1″:”CON CK COLLEGE”,”fin2″:”ID”,”type2″:”LookupId”,”value2″:”4″,”fullCAML”:””,”AndOr”:”And”,”operator1″:”Eq”,”operator2″:”Neq”,”orderBy”:”ID”,”orderAscending”:false,”rowLimit”:””},”childTableHeight”:””,”viewFields”:[{“fin”:”Request_x0020_Type”,”settings”:””,”disp”:{“default”:”Type of Request”}},{“fin”:”Title”,”settings”:””,”disp”:{“default”:”Template Title”}}],”action”:”concat”,”action_groupBy”:”Status”,”action_groupByHeaderStyle”:””,”action_groupByExpanded”:true,”action_groupByPrefix”:{“default”:””},”openInDlg”:true,”refreshAllOnCallback”:true,”viewItemLink”:true,”editItemLink”:false,”hideLabelInForm”:false,”label”:{},”moreItemsLabel”:{“default”:””},”noItemsLabel”:{“default”:”No current or past template requests found.”},”addNew”:false,”newItemInDlg”:false,”addNewLabel”:{“default”:””},”addNewIn”:{“disp”:false,”edit”:false,”view”:false},”addNewFolder”:false,”addNewFolderLabel”:{“default”:””},”addNewFolderIn”:{“disp”:false,”edit”:false},”addNewDocLabel”:{},”inUrl”:[],”folderMetadata”:[]}
      Field: vLookup

query:
      <View Scope=’RecursiveAll’><Query><Where><And><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Hotkey’ /><Value Type=’Text’>CON CK COLLEGE</Value></Eq><Neq><FieldRef Name=’ID’ LookupId=’TRUE’ /><Value Type=’Lookup’>4</Value></Neq></And></Where><OrderBy><FieldRef Name=’ID’ Ascending=’false’ /></OrderBy></Query></View>
      vLookup itemID=4 – Running query for field “vLookup” (this is async so the itemcount will be shown further down)
      <View Scope=’RecursiveAll’><Query><Where><And><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Hotkey’ /><Value Type=’Text’>CON CK COLLEGE</Value></Eq><Neq><FieldRef Name=’ID’ LookupId=’TRUE’ /><Value Type=’Lookup’>4</Value></Neq></And></Where><OrderBy><FieldRef Name=’ID’ Ascending=’false’ /></OrderBy></Query></View>
      vLookup itemID=4 – Number of items matching the query: 1
      undefined

Update:
      Could the “spaces” in my List Name be causing this? I noticed in the ListView, it translates them to %20, but in DispForm it doesn’t.

Rich Rockwell
      Participant

I got some very different results, so I am posting mine below. There was a section in the debug output that listed all of the details for every field in the parent list and the child list, where they existed. I omitted those details and marked the section “*** This section was removed…”
      ———-

vLookup DEBUG output:
      vLookup initiated.
      Found list view.
      Processing field “vLookup” in list “librarian%20sites”.
      <Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Title’ /><Value Type=’Text’>librarian%20sites:vLookup</Value></Eq></Where>
      vLookup itemID=1 – Running query for field “vLookup” (this is async so the itemcount will be shown further down)
      <View Scope=’RecursiveAll’><Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Site’ LookupId=’TRUE’ /><Value Type=’Lookup’>1</Value></Eq></Where><OrderBy><FieldRef Name=’ID’ Ascending=’false’ /></OrderBy></Query></View>
      vLookup itemID=2 – Running query for field “vLookup” (this is async so the itemcount will be shown further down)
      <View Scope=’RecursiveAll’><Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Site’ LookupId=’TRUE’ /><Value Type=’Lookup’>2</Value></Eq></Where><OrderBy><FieldRef Name=’ID’ Ascending=’false’ /></OrderBy></Query></View>
      vLookup itemID=3 – Running query for field “vLookup” (this is async so the itemcount will be shown further down)
      <View Scope=’RecursiveAll’><Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Site’ LookupId=’TRUE’ /><Value Type=’Lookup’>3</Value></Eq></Where><OrderBy><FieldRef Name=’ID’ Ascending=’false’ /></OrderBy></Query></View>
      vLookup itemID=4 – Running query for field “vLookup” (this is async so the itemcount will be shown further down)
      <View Scope=’RecursiveAll’><Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Site’ LookupId=’TRUE’ /><Value Type=’Lookup’>4</Value></Eq></Where><OrderBy><FieldRef Name=’ID’ Ascending=’false’ /></OrderBy></Query></View>
      vLookup itemID=5 – Running query for field “vLookup” (this is async so the itemcount will be shown further down)
      <View Scope=’RecursiveAll’><Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Site’ LookupId=’TRUE’ /><Value Type=’Lookup’>5</Value></Eq></Where><OrderBy><FieldRef Name=’ID’ Ascending=’false’ /></OrderBy></Query></View>
      vLookup itemID=6 – Running query for field “vLookup” (this is async so the itemcount will be shown further down)
      <View Scope=’RecursiveAll’><Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Site’ LookupId=’TRUE’ /><Value Type=’Lookup’>6</Value></Eq></Where><OrderBy><FieldRef Name=’ID’ Ascending=’false’ /></OrderBy></Query></View>
      vLookup itemID=7 – Running query for field “vLookup” (this is async so the itemcount will be shown further down)
      <View Scope=’RecursiveAll’><Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Site’ LookupId=’TRUE’ /><Value Type=’Lookup’>7</Value></Eq></Where><OrderBy><FieldRef Name=’ID’ Ascending=’false’ /></OrderBy></Query></View>
      vLookup itemID=8 – Running query for field “vLookup” (this is async so the itemcount will be shown further down)
      <View Scope=’RecursiveAll’><Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Site’ LookupId=’TRUE’ /><Value Type=’Lookup’>8</Value></Eq></Where><OrderBy><FieldRef Name=’ID’ Ascending=’false’ /></OrderBy></Query></View>
      vLookup itemID=9 – Running query for field “vLookup” (this is async so the itemcount will be shown further down)
      <View Scope=’RecursiveAll’><Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Site’ LookupId=’TRUE’ /><Value Type=’Lookup’>9</Value></Eq></Where><OrderBy><FieldRef Name=’ID’ Ascending=’false’ /></OrderBy></Query></View>
      vLookup itemID=10 – Running query for field “vLookup” (this is async so the itemcount will be shown further down)
      <View Scope=’RecursiveAll’><Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Site’ LookupId=’TRUE’ /><Value Type=’Lookup’>10</Value></Eq></Where><OrderBy><FieldRef Name=’ID’ Ascending=’false’ /></OrderBy></Query></View>
      vLookup itemID=11 – Running query for field “vLookup” (this is async so the itemcount will be shown further down)
      <View Scope=’RecursiveAll’><Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Site’ LookupId=’TRUE’ /><Value Type=’Lookup’>11</Value></Eq></Where><OrderBy><FieldRef Name=’ID’ Ascending=’false’ /></OrderBy></Query></View>
      vLookup itemID=12 – Running query for field “vLookup” (this is async so the itemcount will be shown further down)
      <View Scope=’RecursiveAll’><Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Site’ LookupId=’TRUE’ /><Value Type=’Lookup’>12</Value></Eq></Where><OrderBy><FieldRef Name=’ID’ Ascending=’false’ /></OrderBy></Query></View>
      vLookup itemID=56 – Running query for field “vLookup” (this is async so the itemcount will be shown further down)
      <View Scope=’RecursiveAll’><Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Site’ LookupId=’TRUE’ /><Value Type=’Lookup’>56</Value></Eq></Where><OrderBy><FieldRef Name=’ID’ Ascending=’false’ /></OrderBy></Query></View>
      vLookup itemID=57 – Running query for field “vLookup” (this is async so the itemcount will be shown further down)
      <View Scope=’RecursiveAll’><Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Site’ LookupId=’TRUE’ /><Value Type=’Lookup’>57</Value></Eq></Where><OrderBy><FieldRef Name=’ID’ Ascending=’false’ /></OrderBy></Query></View>
      vLookup itemID=58 – Running query for field “vLookup” (this is async so the itemcount will be shown further down)
      <View Scope=’RecursiveAll’><Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Site’ LookupId=’TRUE’ /><Value Type=’Lookup’>58</Value></Eq></Where><OrderBy><FieldRef Name=’ID’ Ascending=’false’ /></OrderBy></Query></View>
      vLookup itemID=59 – Running query for field “vLookup” (this is async so the itemcount will be shown further down)
      <View Scope=’RecursiveAll’><Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Site’ LookupId=’TRUE’ /><Value Type=’Lookup’>59</Value></Eq></Where><OrderBy><FieldRef Name=’ID’ Ascending=’false’ /></OrderBy></Query></View>
      vLookup itemID=60 – Running query for field “vLookup” (this is async so the itemcount will be shown further down)
      <View Scope=’RecursiveAll’><Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Site’ LookupId=’TRUE’ /><Value Type=’Lookup’>60</Value></Eq></Where><OrderBy><FieldRef Name=’ID’ Ascending=’false’ /></OrderBy></Query></View>
      vLookup itemID=61 – Running query for field “vLookup” (this is async so the itemcount will be shown further down)
      <View Scope=’RecursiveAll’><Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Site’ LookupId=’TRUE’ /><Value Type=’Lookup’>61</Value></Eq></Where><OrderBy><FieldRef Name=’ID’ Ascending=’false’ /></OrderBy></Query></View>
      vLookup itemID=62 – Running query for field “vLookup” (this is async so the itemcount will be shown further down)
      <View Scope=’RecursiveAll’><Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Site’ LookupId=’TRUE’ /><Value Type=’Lookup’>62</Value></Eq></Where><OrderBy><FieldRef Name=’ID’ Ascending=’false’ /></OrderBy></Query></View>
      vLookup itemID=63 – Running query for field “vLookup” (this is async so the itemcount will be shown further down)
      <View Scope=’RecursiveAll’><Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Site’ LookupId=’TRUE’ /><Value Type=’Lookup’>63</Value></Eq></Where><OrderBy><FieldRef Name=’ID’ Ascending=’false’ /></OrderBy></Query></View>
      vLookup itemID=64 – Running query for field “vLookup” (this is async so the itemcount will be shown further down)
      <View Scope=’RecursiveAll’><Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Site’ LookupId=’TRUE’ /><Value Type=’Lookup’>64</Value></Eq></Where><OrderBy><FieldRef Name=’ID’ Ascending=’false’ /></OrderBy></Query></View>
      vLookup itemID=65 – Running query for field “vLookup” (this is async so the itemcount will be shown further down)
      <View Scope=’RecursiveAll’><Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Site’ LookupId=’TRUE’ /><Value Type=’Lookup’>65</Value></Eq></Where><OrderBy><FieldRef Name=’ID’ Ascending=’false’ /></OrderBy></Query></View>
      vLookup itemID=66 – Running query for field “vLookup” (this is async so the itemcount will be shown further down)
      <View Scope=’RecursiveAll’><Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Site’ LookupId=’TRUE’ /><Value Type=’Lookup’>66</Value></Eq></Where><OrderBy><FieldRef Name=’ID’ Ascending=’false’ /></OrderBy></Query></View>
      vLookup itemID=67 – Running query for field “vLookup” (this is async so the itemcount will be shown further down)
      <View Scope=’RecursiveAll’><Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Site’ LookupId=’TRUE’ /><Value Type=’Lookup’>67</Value></Eq></Where><OrderBy><FieldRef Name=’ID’ Ascending=’false’ /></OrderBy></Query></View>
      vLookup itemID=68 – Running query for field “vLookup” (this is async so the itemcount will be shown further down)
      <View Scope=’RecursiveAll’><Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Site’ LookupId=’TRUE’ /><Value Type=’Lookup’>68</Value></Eq></Where><OrderBy><FieldRef Name=’ID’ Ascending=’false’ /></OrderBy></Query></View>
      vLookup itemID=69 – Running query for field “vLookup” (this is async so the itemcount will be shown further down)
      <View Scope=’RecursiveAll’><Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Site’ LookupId=’TRUE’ /><Value Type=’Lookup’>69</Value></Eq></Where><OrderBy><FieldRef Name=’ID’ Ascending=’false’ /></OrderBy></Query></View>
      vLookup itemID=70 – Running query for field “vLookup” (this is async so the itemcount will be shown further down)
      <View Scope=’RecursiveAll’><Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Site’ LookupId=’TRUE’ /><Value Type=’Lookup’>70</Value></Eq></Where><OrderBy><FieldRef Name=’ID’ Ascending=’false’ /></OrderBy></Query></View>
      vLookup itemID=71 – Running query for field “vLookup” (this is async so the itemcount will be shown further down)
      <View Scope=’RecursiveAll’><Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Site’ LookupId=’TRUE’ /><Value Type=’Lookup’>71</Value></Eq></Where><OrderBy><FieldRef Name=’ID’ Ascending=’false’ /></OrderBy></Query></View>
      vLookup itemID=72 – Running query for field “vLookup” (this is async so the itemcount will be shown further down)
      <View Scope=’RecursiveAll’><Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Site’ LookupId=’TRUE’ /><Value Type=’Lookup’>72</Value></Eq></Where><OrderBy><FieldRef Name=’ID’ Ascending=’false’ /></OrderBy></Query></View>
      vLookup itemID=73 – Running query for field “vLookup” (this is async so the itemcount will be shown further down)
      <View Scope=’RecursiveAll’><Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Site’ LookupId=’TRUE’ /><Value Type=’Lookup’>73</Value></Eq></Where><OrderBy><FieldRef Name=’ID’ Ascending=’false’ /></OrderBy></Query></View>
      vLookup itemID=1 – Number of items matching the query: 0
      vLookup itemID=3 – Number of items matching the query: 0
      vLookup itemID=4 – Number of items matching the query: 0
      vLookup itemID=2 – Number of items matching the query: 0
      vLookup initiated.
      Found list view.
      Processing field “vLookup” in list “librarian%20sites”.
      <Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Title’ /><Value Type=’Text’>librarian%20sites:vLookup</Value></Eq></Where>
      vLookup itemID=6 – Number of items matching the query: 0
      vLookup itemID=7 – Number of items matching the query: 0
      vLookup itemID=8 – Number of items matching the query: 0
      vLookup itemID=9 – Number of items matching the query: 0
      vLookup itemID=10 – Number of items matching the query: 0
      vLookup itemID=11 – Number of items matching the query: 0
      vLookup itemID=5 – Number of items matching the query: 0
      vLookup itemID=56 – Number of items matching the query: 0
      vLookup itemID=57 – Number of items matching the query: 0
      vLookup itemID=58 – Number of items matching the query: 0
      vLookup itemID=12 – Number of items matching the query: 0
      vLookup itemID=60 – Number of items matching the query: 0
      vLookup itemID=61 – Number of items matching the query: 0
      vLookup itemID=62 – Number of items matching the query: 0
      vLookup itemID=63 – Number of items matching the query: 0
      vLookup itemID=64 – Number of items matching the query: 0
      vLookup itemID=65 – Number of items matching the query: 0
      vLookup itemID=66 – Number of items matching the query: 0
      vLookup itemID=67 – Number of items matching the query: 0
      vLookup itemID=68 – Number of items matching the query: 0
      vLookup itemID=69 – Number of items matching the query: 5
      vLookup itemID=70 – Number of items matching the query: 0
      vLookup itemID=71 – Number of items matching the query: 0
      vLookup itemID=72 – Number of items matching the query: 0
      vLookup itemID=73 – Number of items matching the query: 0
      vLookup itemID=59 – Number of items matching the query: 0

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by Alexander Bautz. Reason: Removed some extra information that was not needed
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      It is the space in the list name that causes this problem. Can you verify that this patched version works: https://files.spjsworks.com/files/vLookupForSharePoint/SP2010%20and%20SP2013/DEBUG/vLookup_frontend_BETA.js

If it does, I’ll update the official release with the fix.

Thank you all for the feedback,
      Alexander

Rich Rockwell
      Participant

Yes it works! Thanks

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thank you for the feedback – and for the “beer”. I’ll publish an “official” update later tonight.

Best regards,
      Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Finally published v2.003 of the frontend vLookup script. This fixes the bug with space in the list name (in the URL). You find the link to the updated file under “Download and install” here: https://spjsblog.com/vlookup-for-sharepoint/

Alexander

David S Kaimann
      Participant

Alexander,

Thanks so much for the fix! It’s helped tremendously. However, I think I found one more related issue. I have a subsite that has “spaces” in the title (changed to %20 in the URL: http://sharepoint.DOMAIN.net/sites/SITENAME/Issue%20and%20Process%20Escalation/) and on this site; only, none of my vLookups are working (in ListView nor DispForm). I’ve tried replacing the %20 in the List base URL and there’s no impact. Below is the information I get in Debug mode:
      vLookup DEBUG output:
      vLookup initiated.
      Did NOT find list view.
      Processing field “vLookup” in list “sites”.
      <Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Title’ /><Value Type=’Text’>sites:vLookup</Value></Eq></Where>
      Processing field “vLookup0” in list “sites”.
      <Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Title’ /><Value Type=’Text’>sites:vLookup0</Value></Eq></Where>
      Found 0 configuration for vLookup0

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Sorry for the late reply. Somehow the email regarding this post ended up in my spam folder. It seems I have a bug with the “list name detection” in the vLookup script as the proper CAML query parameter should be “Issue%20and%20Process%20Escalation:vLooup” and not “sites:vLookup”.

I’ll look into it and post a fix.

PS: When creating vLookup columns, you only have to prefix it with vLookup. Your field names can be like this:
      vLookup_issues
      vLookup_tasks
      and so on…

Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi David,
      I have tried to set up a site and list as you describe, but I cannot recreate the issue. Can you email me some screenshots of your setup so I can look into it?

You find my email in the “About me” tab in the top of the page.

Best regards,
      Alexander

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.