vLookup frontend v2.255 debug error

Forums vLooup for SharePoint vLookup frontend v2.255 debug error

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      chgrnet
      Participant

I am using vLookup to load data from a parent to a child and everything works as expected. I have a single-select Lookup field that is feeding data correctly from the parent to the child, but I get this error message at the top of the form on save. The data does match and has a value, so I’m not sure how to get the error message to not show up.

Attachments:
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Could you try updating to the latest version of spjs-utility.js? – I have addressed an issue that could trigger this error, but I must have forgotten to document it in the changelog so I’m not 100% sure which version it was addressed in.

You find it in the DFFS download package – linked from this page: https://spjsblog.com/dffs/dffs-installation-manual/#Download_the_files

PS: Use the file from the BETA package – it’s only DFFS that is in beta here.

Alexander

chgrnet
      Participant

I just updated the SPJS utility file to 1.258; I still get the error.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Are you 100% certain the FIN is correct?

Alexander

chgrnet
        Participant

It does bring the data over to the child from the parent correctly (shows the correct field selection), and on save it maintains the same selection. When I do a refresh of the form, it disappears. When I click save again, it saves it with the correct selection.

chgrnet
      Participant

I updated to the latest vLookup versions as well, still getting the same error.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m not 100% sure I follow you. Can you possibly use this tool to record what you are doing (the tool is free and you can home in on one selected part of the screen so you don’t reveal anything confidential): https://screencast-o-matic.com/home

Alexander

chgrnet
        Participant

I will try to record it, but here are the steps:
        1. I have created the vLookup to pass data from a single-select lookup field in the parent to the child (content types are used, so it is actually the exact same field in parent and child).
        2. When I go into the parent edit form and click the “plus” to create a new child, the data in the parent field is correctly sent and is visible in the child field.
        3. When I save the child form, the error comes up, but the data in the field is still visible in the child field.
        4. When I save again, the form allows me to save the field.

If I were to refresh the child form without saving it, then the child field no longer has the data, so even thought the data is passed from parent to child, and is correctly selected in child, somehow DFFS does not see it being selected in the child form.

chgrnet
        Participant

I wanted to add a new screen shot, the error is still happening in vLookup v2.260. My instructions above as to what happens still apply. The data comes over correctly from the parent edit form to the child new form, but when I click Save on the child new form, I get the attached error. It does let me save, just throws this error.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Sorry for the delay. Can you add a screenshot of the “ViewFields” setup in the vLookup configuration for this specific field?

I’m sorry, but I still don’t understand what you mean by

When I do a refresh of the form, it disappears. When I click save again, it saves it with the correct selection.

Is the form saving with the correct value, but you see an error message? – or is the error message showing, you refresh manually and sets the lookup field manually – then you save the form again?

Alexander

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.