vLookup add children different content types

Forums vLooup for SharePoint vLookup add children different content types

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Kim
      Participant

Hello, is it possible to use one vLookup to add different content types to the same “child” list? The add New Item uses the default content type and I would like to be able to select which content type to add. Thank you!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Sorry for the late reply. You can do this by using the developer tools to inspect the “New child” button. Look at the “spjs.vLookup.addChild” function call. Copy it and create a custom button in a HTML section like this – see how I have appended the ContentTypeId to the URL:

<input type="button" value="New child item with CT" onclick="spjs.vLookup.addChild('/DFFS/Lists/DFFS_ContentTypes/NewForm.aspx','parentListGuid={c5c44b98-34f1-4ade-87d3-ed292eee0d84}&parentForm=/DFFS/Lists/DFFS_TestList/DispForm.aspx&parentItemId={ID}&baseUrl=/DFFS&getFromParent=Title|Title|false&ContentTypeId=0x011100414D8791294AE9428E4C2DEE31828919','vLookup_dummy',false,false);return false;">

Please note that I have used {ID} in the “parentItemId” parameter in the function call to pull the current items ID.

You can create multiple buttons like this to add different content types.

Let me know how this works out.

Alexander

Kim
      Participant

Hi Alexander, I thought I had replied and couldn’t find it. Yes, this worked like a charm, thank you very much!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.