Validating pre-filled PeopePicker fields

Forums Autocomplete Validating pre-filled PeopePicker fields

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Ben H
      Participant

Hi Alexander,
      I am trying to fill the ‘Raised by’ and ‘Responsible’ fields in my DFFS NewForm with the current user using rules.
      If I use the default MS PeoplePicker the name is not validated and I get an error on Save unless I click on the Check Names button first.
      If I use SPJS Autocomplete the field does not appear to get populated when I use a DFFS rule to write to the field.
      If I use a text field type I can use the SP ‘Default Value’ =[Me] (but gives me the wrong name property).
      My ideal would be a SPJS Autocomplete field that I can populate with a DFFS rule and not have to validate/click afterwards. Is this possible? Many thanks

Previously posted https://spjsblog.com/2014/03/29/autocomplete-for-text-and-people-picker-fields/#comment-237019

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Sorry, but the autocomplete does not trigger when you set the value by a rule in DFFS.

You should be able to do this using “Set field value” in a DFFS rule using this in the “Value” field:

{currentUser:Name}

How is it you are filling the fields when you must hit the validate button?

Alexander

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.