V7 bugs?

Forums SPJS Charts for SharePoint V7 bugs?

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Mircea Moldovan
      Participant

Hello,

I found two problems when moving my charts form V6 (SP2010) to v7 (SP2013).
      The first one, is that if I select “Split options in different series” with the “aggregation function for all columns” to “Sum” it doesn’t render the chart.
      The second one has to do with annotations. I tried everything but I can’t see the annotations.

I don’t know if this has to do with loading Jquery 3.3.1 in my master page. I am loading it from the CDN.

Did anybody faced this problems?

Best regards,
      Mircea

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Please hit F12 to bring up the console and post any error messages you see there.

Also, please post a few screenshots of your chart setup and the datasource so I can try recreating it.

Alexander

Mircea Moldovan
      Participant

I modified the loader html adding the path to the jquery I have in the master page and now I can use the split options. I don’t know if it has to do but it solved half of my problem.
      The annotations still don’t work. The console log doesn’t show anything related, but anyway you can find the screenshot below.

Thank you!

Attachments:
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad you sorted out the first problem. What is it you want to annotate? – is it the column value? – if so, use the Show data value in the column option in the Options tab.

Alexander

Mircea Moldovan
      Participant

Thank you Alexander. i don’t know how I miss that. Everything is working correctly now.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad you got it working.

Alexander

Peter Giesselink
      Participant

I’ve followed the instructions for installing V7 but after saving the webpartpage the ellipsis does’t appear.
      If I click on ‘test link’in the CEWP I get the following respons:
      SPJS Charts for SharePoint v7
      It looks like you are using SP 2007, and this version is not compatible with your current SharePoint version. Please use SPJS Charts for SharePoint v6.

but I’m pretty sure that we have the SP2013 server version.

Peter Giesselink
        Participant

Same accounts for V6. Now a popup window displays the same message as above.
        I’m using Internet Explorer. No alternative available in our environment.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      The chart must be added to a page that inherits from the default master page – either in a web part page or in a wiki page. What kind of page are you trying to add the chart to?

Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Could you post a few screenshots so I can see how you have installed it in the page?

Alexander

Peter Giesselink
      Participant

I’ve attached 5 zipped pictures. After clicking ok and saving the page I get an empty page.

By the way: DFFS is installed and the configurator works perfect.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

The error message is triggered if the page is missing the variable _spPageContextInfo.

Try hitting F12 to bring up the developer tools and select Console. Then type in

_spPageContextInfo

and hit Enter – what does it output?

Alexander

Peter Giesselink
        Participant

I think now that the diplayed message has nothing to do with the fact Graph doesn’t show up in a SharePoint site page.
        By following ‘test link’ a normal webpage is opened and try’s to run the javascript and because that is not a SharePoint page it throws the message.
        In the SharePoint site pages the variable _spPageContectInfo is available.

Leaves me with the problem of the Graph not showing up with no clue how to solve.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      If you press the “Test link” link, the page opened will throw this error because it is not loaded in the SP context, but if it doesn’t load when added to a proper SP web part page I’ll need to have a look to see what’s the problem. Please email me some screenshots of your setup of the page and I’ll see if I can see what the problem is.

Alexander

Peter Giesselink
        Participant

Hi,

In a previous reply (December 15, 2018 at 15:35) I’ve enclosed 5 screenshots in a zip file. I think there is nothing more to show unless you give me more details of what specific kind of information you need.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I would like to see a screenshot of the page when you have added the SPJS Charts for SharePoint Loader file and see the yellow box and then save it and go out of edit mode. If you also hit F12 to bring up the developer console (with the console tab open) it might reveal some error messages.

Alexander

Peter Giesselink
        Participant

I’ve found two error I’ve made.

We are behind a firewall with no access to the internet.

Downloaded the loader.je file from Google.

And during the weekend our farm moved from an http to an https address. So the link to jquery was not correct.

But now I’m stuck in the popup menu for creating an new graph. The ok button doesn’t respond.

I’ve added the listing after pressing F12 to the screenshots in the zipped file.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

OK, that explains it. Unfortunately this solution will not work without Internet access (you might be able to get it working by downloading all the Google Chart API files, but this would violate the license for the Google Chart API).

Look at the “Can I use charts offline” in this page: https://developers.google.com/chart/interactive/faq

Alexander

Peter Giesselink
        Participant

Sorry, I didn’t realize is was that strickt.
        I read about it and thought it applied ony for a part of the functionality.
        Ever contemplated the user of D3 as presentation layer?

Buy anyway: thanks for you prompt and accurate responses to my questions.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Unfortunately this solution is built specifically for the Google Chart API and cannot easily be adapted to output a format needed to build charts with another API.

Alexander

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.