Using a pre-define list view

Forums SPJS Charts for SharePoint Using a pre-define list view

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Phil Grant
      Participant

Hi,
      I’ building a chart on a pre-defined List view that I’ve created in Sharepoint, this vie limits the items to a specific project of a specific filetype and groups by project and has a item limit of one.

The idea is to give me the latest items for each project but limited to specific projects.

This looks great in SharePoint and works fine but when I use it as the source for a chart I get all the possible projects, If I use CAML for filtering I can improve the situation but I get counts that are much higher than they should be as if the values from entries that should not be included are included.

The SharePoint pre-defined filter effectively gives me the latest item for each project I’ve pre-defined.

Is my understanding wrong, if I have a pre-defined listview should the chart only use this data?

Cheers,
      Phil

• This topic was modified 7 years ago by Phil Grant.
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      If you want to use the list view as source you must NOT use the “Use custom CAML” option in the “Filter and Custom CAML” tab.

Is this the issue?

Alexander

Phil Grant
      Participant

No, even if I don’t use custom CAML filter I get the problem, I only tried CAML after the initial Chart displayed too much information.

Phil

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Not sure if this is the issue, but when using a predefined view as source for a chart, only the CAML query will be used and not paging or itemlimit settings.

Have you applied any such settings to your list view?

Alexander

Phil Grant
      Participant

AH! OK that’s probably it then, I do use the Item limit of 1 and group by project to give me the last document added for each project.

Cheers

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.