Use Link in CEWP to activate a header in the tabs

Forums Dynamic Forms for SharePoint Use Link in CEWP to activate a header in the tabs

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Alexander Bautz 2 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

William Summers
    Participant

I am using SPServices to auto fill some information on a particular tab. I am also using headings on this tab. I am wondering if there is a way to have the link in my content editor webpart that says “Click Here” expand or active a tab that has the fields that get their information filled from the spservices script I am running. basically in its simplest form click here, will make a tab visible and hide the other tabs.

Thanks!!!

Attachments:

Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

Hi,
    You can link to a tab like this:

/DFFS/Lists/DFFS_CEWP/EditForm.aspx?ID=123&sTab=2

This will select the third tab as it is 0-based.

Alexander

William Summers
    Participant

Perfect!!! Thanks

William Summers
    Participant

OK so this actually does work but I feel like I did not articulate what I am after.
    1: End User opens a new form
    2: link in CEWP allows them to activate a tab

What I do not see is how I can identify ?ID= without there actually being an ID generated at the time because it is a new, unsaved form. I do not have a problem putting a button in a header in the tabs if this is how to get it done and will work.

Thanks!!!

Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

Here is code to put in a “Heading HTML” section in a tab:
    select by index

<input type="button" onclick="spjs.dffs.toggleSelectedTab(2)" value="Go to tab by index">

select by tab uinqueID

<input type="button" onclick="spjs.dffs.toggleSelectedTab('Tab3')" value="Go to tab by uniqueID">

Alexander

Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

Or if what you meant was to link to a NewForm with tab specified:

/DFFS/Lists/DFFS_CEWP/NewEditForm.aspx?sTab=2

Alexander

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.