use DFFS to populate form field LABEL data from a lookup list?

Forums Classic DFFS use DFFS to populate form field LABEL data from a lookup list?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Jon Whisman
      Participant

Sorry if this has been posted under another topic, but we have a current solution by another user where they’ve made upwards of 70 lists and multiple forms for purposes of different ‘tests’ that various users would take. Each test has different questions, which is the reason why they’ve made the multiple lists.

My hope is that we can make 1 destination list where the answers go (users fill this out), but the questions (form field labels or DFFS headers) are being dynamically fed in from a separate control list that is being looked up on form load, depending on the ‘test’ that is chosen (I’m thinking a series of front-end buttons / links) that would load the appropriate form field labels or headers from the lookup list so that the user could then enter the ‘answers’ into the destination form.

Am I crazy here or is this at all possible with DFFS?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

This will not work out of the box with DFFS so you would be looking at using custom code to create the form. Also, if you plan to store all answers in one list, you would need to have all the fields for each of the 70 lists in this one list.

I’m afraid this will be one large and possibly messy list.

Alexander

Jon Whisman
      Participant

My teammate actually came upon the solution using DFFS. We have all of the questions in a master list and the form field labels are hidden via side by side indexes. The destination list (current list) has field for “question” and “answer”, and upon form load, the “questions” are being pre-filled with the values from the lookup list. The “answers” are just single line of text fields awaiting whatever they put in. When they save the form, we the answers, but also the exact text that was asked for the matching question.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad you figured out a solution!

Best regards,
      Alexander

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.