Unable to use multiple tabs with an external list.

Forums General discussion Unable to use multiple tabs with an external list.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Harley Malamut
      Participant

I created an external list that accesses a SQL table. I then updated the Display Form to use DFFS. Created 2 tabs and set 3 of the columns to be visible on the first tab and 2 of the columns to be visible on the 2nd tab.

When I use the form all of the columns show on both tabs and the columns are also duplicated on both tabs with one set showing a message – “This field is not in the current content type: narration”.

I am attaching a Word doc with screen shots to show you what this looks like.

Thanks…..

Harley Malamut

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I was finally able to set up a SQL server on Azure, with a db based on a demo from Microsoft. Unfortunately I have no problems configuring DFFS with multiple tabs. I have tested in both NewForm and DispForm. I’m however using SP 2013 on Office 365 as I don’t have access to a SP 2010 server.

You can try updating to the latest version of DFFS as I handle the “missing fields” differently there, but I’m not sure this will fix it.

I’m not all that familiar with external content types and external lists, but could you possibly have modified the form to not include all fields?

Alexander

Harley Malamut
      Participant

Hi Alexander,

I’ll try to download the latest release early next week, install it and see if the fixes the issue.

Question for you – how did you connect to the SQL table? Did you create an external content type, connect it to the SQL table, and then define all of the “external content type operations” – read list, read item, create, update and delete? After that, did you create the external list and then set up the 2 forms using your product?

Thanks…..

Harley

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Yes, I created it exactly as you described. As you know I’m not familiar with external lists so if there is something you need me to test you must let me know.

Alexander

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.