Unable to get Child Items to Display in Parent List View

Forums vLooup for SharePoint Unable to get Child Items to Display in Parent List View

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Lana
      Participant

Hi Alexander,
      I have tried to make this work in every way that I could possibly think of before contacting you. I have no idea what I have wrong. I have supplied all my info in the attachment along with Screenshots of my DFFS vLookup Setup and what my lists look like.
      IE 8
      DFFS Frontend 4.255
      DFFS Backend 4.254
      Spjs-utility 1.206
      vLookup Frontend 2.104
      vLookup Backend 2.003

Basically everything is working except that the Child won’t display on the parent list. It just keeps saying No Items found. It has to be something I got just a little wrong on the call somehow, but I have no idea what. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks!
      Lana

DCH
      Participant

I’ve had trouble before with the Lookup (id) field type and {currentItem:ID} combination. When I made the query text based instead of numeric it worked for me.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Activate the debug output by appending this to the URL in your list view (or in DispForm):

.../AllItems.aspx?vLookupDebug=1

Add the output (at the bottom of the screen) in an attachment here.

Alexander

Lana
      Participant

Thanks for looking into this. The Attachment contains the DeBug Script

Attachments:
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Now that I see this output it occurs to me that you have used the wrong brackets. You used curly brackets like this:

{currentItem:ID}

but what you must use is square brackets like this:

[currentItem:ID]

Alexander

Lana
      Participant

I knew it was something simple that I was doing wrong. That fixed the issue for me. Thanks Alexander, you are the best!

William Summers
      Participant

A few things real quick. I had the same issue and this topic solved it. Just a quick something I was thinking about. I was unable to search this forum so I had to page through and read every topic to find the correct one to help. Am I missing the search for this or just plain being an idiot? lol as always, great work!

Lana
      Participant

You can search the whole site with key words by clicking on the Green Box Next to General Tips on the right….

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thanks Lana – you can also search all forums in the left column. I see that this is not as visible as it should be, and I have now added it to the right column also.

Alexander

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.