Trying to install the installer

Forums Classic DFFS Trying to install the installer

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      chgrnet
      Participant

I have SP 2010 and am using it on IE11. I have a complete installation of DFFS in a sub-site (only) and am trying to get the installer to work. I created the CEWP, added the installer link and I am getting the error “Unable to locate the DFFS files!”. I have looked in the files to see if there is a place I need change another URL and my experiments have failed so far, I keep getting the error. I did go in and make sure “var spjs_scripts_in_current_site = true;” because I am in a sub-site.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Could you possibly email me a few screenshots so I can see the path of your SPJS document library and the page where you have added the CEWP with the installer?

I have tested it in a dev site I have with SP 2010, but there might be some differences.

PS: First try loading it with the developer console open (hit F12 > Console) to see if you get any errors in the console.

Best regards,
      Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thanks, I’ll look into it and post back here. I guess I have an error in the calculation of the site and site collection base.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
      Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Can you confirm that you have the files in a document library named “SPJS” and in a folder named “DFFS”?

Alexander

chgrnet
        Participant

The document library is called “DFFS” and it is not in a folder called “DFFS”

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

The installer requires the files to be placed in a document library named SPJS. Inside this document library you must put the DFFS folder from the zip-file – and you must keep the folder hierarchy like it is in the zip-file.

Could you test this and let me know how it works out?

Alexander

chgrnet
      Participant

Thank you, and I apologize for not uploading the files into the correct location. I was using a location that was already setup and it did not have your correct naming convention. I did a clean upload and everything works now.

New issues, when I went to a test form and used the installer to add the CEWP to new/edit/display, I am getting the attached errors. I spoke with Kasey Pickar and he said he was working with you on this.

When I got to create a new item, I get error 1, then when I close I get a blank form with no fields on it. It may be similar to my other issues, but because I did not have the files installed in the correct folder locations, the error was different. The result is similar, though.

avala
        Participant

I’m having the same issues as Christine across all forms, lists and libraries. Image 1 shows the error while the file path name for the library and DFFS folder are correct (/sites/gwjayme/Sandy/SPJS/DFFS/js/DFFS_frontend_min.js). Receiving similar Console errors on all three forms in image 2.

Environment:
          SharePoint 2010
          IE 11
          Document Mode 8(Default)
          User agent String IE 11 (Default)
      avala
      Participant

Alexander,

I did some testing and it looks like a IE Doc Mode 8 issue.

I did a fresh install in a new SP 2010 and got the same error as described above. When I did a test in SP 2013, the installer worked correctly. Looking at the Dev Console I see our 2013 environment sets the document mode to 10. When I switched to IE 8 Document mode I received that same error as the 2010 sites. See below screenshots.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I was able to recreate the issue with IE 8 mode in IE. I’ll post an update as soon as I have sorted it out.

Best regards,
      Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

This issue should now be fixed in the September 21 version. Please check it out and let me know how it works out.

Alexander

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.