Tabs not visible in Backend and get lost on save

Forums Classic DFFS Tabs not visible in Backend and get lost on save

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Artaker
      Participant

Hi,

I’m having the following problem:

I created a lot of tabs on a list and they worked fine for some time.

When I enter the backend now, the only tab I see is the first one and if I save the configuration all tabs disappear. However the actual configuration seems to be working because when I export the settings, the tabs are listed in the configuration.
      I’ve attached some screenshots to this post.

Have you encountered this behaviour before ?
      How can this be fixed and how could this error come up after some time (there were no updates to DFFS installed)?

Thank you very much in advance.

BR,
      Chris

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I’m not sure what could cause this, but if you are using IE you should try another browser – like Google Chrome.

Could you try that?

Alexander

Artaker
      Participant

Hi,
      Unfortunately IE is the default and only browser in this organization.
      It also seems there were no updates installed on the system (at least Server-side)

I’ve tried it in Chrome – there I am getting the “This took forever” Overlay.

Is that something you can work with ?

Dhank you very much in advance.

BR,
      Chris

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Could you export the config and send it to me so I can take a look at it?

Could you try bringing up the developer console in Chrome (F12 > Console) to see if you get any meaningful errors there?

Alexander

Artaker
      Participant

Hi,

Attached you can find the exported config and the error that is thrown while loading the Form.
      Unfortunately this does not prevent IE from displaying the form, in Chrome I’m getting the “This took forever” Screen.

Thank you very much so far for your support.

BR,
      Chris

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I see from the attachment that you use v4.304 (this is the version the config is created using) and this is more than a year old – could you try the latest version to see if this behaves better?

Alexander

Artaker
      Participant

Hi,

just to let you know, I was able to solve this mystery.

Since the DFFS came with a solution I had to wait until the reseller did the update… which didn’t solve anything.

But I found there was another piece of javascript on this form (in a CEWP) which did refer (and load) a different jquery version. After removing this reference, the tabs in the background appeared again, and everything worked fine.

Best regards,
      Nicole

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad you figured it out.

Alexander

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.