SPJS-CASC Issue after 2013 upgrade

Forums Cascading dropdowns SPJS-CASC Issue after 2013 upgrade

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Kasey
      Participant

Alex,

Several DFFS users have noticed an issue with Cascading Dropdowns after a recent 2013 upgrade from 2010. If you are using a field for SPJS-CASC that has a field internal name that begins with _ the cascade no longer works. Our workaround has been to recreate the field. Are you aware of this issue and do you think anything an be done or should we advise users they will have recreate all of the impacted fields?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Yes, this is because the query is handled on SP 2013 via the REST API, and with this API you need to prefix the field name with OData_ like this (please note the double underscore):

OData__yourFieldName

I’m sorry I didn’t include this in the user manual, but I have updated the user manual for SPJS-Cascading dropdowns now.

Best regards,
      Alexander

Kasey
      Participant

I assume field names without underscores are still fine?

Kasey
      Participant

Last question, can the field simply be renamed by prepending Odata_ or will the field need to be recreated?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

All other fields are fine, it’s only the ones with a fieldinternalname starting with _.

Just prefix it with “OData_” in the config and you are good to go, but please note that the prefix is case sensitive.

Alexander

Kasey
      Participant

Perfect. Thank you!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.