SP2013 Calendar List – display additional tooltip data

Forums General discussion SP2013 Calendar List – display additional tooltip data

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      turlockaviator
      Participant

I’m a fairly new SP Admin, still learning along the way, so please go easy on me.
      🙂

Have inherited a SP2013 site that has a calendar with various items populated from the associated list. As it is a calendar, I am able to click on the items in the calendar and view the properties (i.e. Start\End Time, Category, Description, etc.). I modified the list to add an additional column (field) to include the name of the person owning the particular event (the Project Manager).

What I am trying to accomplish is a change in the behavior of the mouseover tooltip on the calendar, such that in addition to the default columns (fields) of category, title, and start\end times and dates, I also see the additional Project Manager column (field) that I added in the tooltip.

I’m a bit out of my realm of expertise here, having seen some references to the use of jquery to perhaps accomplish this. Wondering if any of the solutions here on spjsblog.com (i.e. Dynamic Forms, etc.) might be of any use to me? Or if anyone has any other advice or suggestions.

Thank you so very much.

Sincerely,
      Chris

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Does this list use a script to generate the tooltip? – could you add a screenshot of how it looks now?

Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I saw your screenshots, but cannot help you with the built in tooltip. I have created a solution some time ago, but I’m afraid I don’t have much time to support it. See what you can make out of it: https://spjsblog.com/2013/12/03/list-view-preview-item-on-hover/

Alexander

Timothy Taylor
      Participant

hello Alexander, I have a training list and I want to show related users taking the same training on a calendar with their dates showing. have you done anything like this using jquery? or have some similar code?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      You might be able to use my vLookup plugin to DFFS: https://spjsblog.com/vlookup-for-sharepoint/

Alexander

Timothy Taylor
      Participant

hello Alexander

I currently have a sharepoint 2013 workflow and you have to go to the task list to approve. with your product is there a way to approve task items in one form?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

It’s possible to approve a task with some custom code – for example in a vLookup configuration you could add a custom button that would let you approve the task.

Please post a few screenshots and some explanations in a new topic and I’ll do my best to help you get it right.

Alexander

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.