Sorry, something went wrong

Forums Classic DFFS Sorry, something went wrong

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      DerekH
      Participant

I’m fairly new to DFFS and I ran into the issue last week (and still looking for error) where I received “Sorry, something went wrong” when in the EditForm. I though it may be related to my OOTB EditForm.aspx since I had once customized it and subsequently deleted the XSL to get DFFS working on that list (I’ll refer to the this list as “original list”. So I rebuilt the list to make sure that wasn’t the issue.

Now that my 142 column list is completely rebuilt, I am continuing to have these issues. (I’ll refer to this list as the “rebuilt list.”)

Can you help me understand what I can do to make this work? Here are my gathered symptoms:
      1. Original List has DFFS installed for DispForm and EditForm only. (Custom permissions allow for Edit and Display forms only as workflow populates this list with new items from a separate front-door list)
      2. Original List is using DFFS Tabs [11 total tabs]
      3. I didn’t notice any issues for the first week using DFFS, but began to have list items ‘lock up’ and would receive the ‘Sorry, something went wrong’ errors reported by my users. I deleted and recreated new records for these items on the first 3 troubles, but they continue to reappear.
      4. When I Uninstall DFFS from this list, the DispForm and EditForm operate correctly.
      5. URL from Original List that errors out with DFFS installed:
      https://[DomainName]/sites/GTOICoE/Lists/COE_MT/EditForm.aspx?ID=111&Source=https%3A%2F%2Fworkspace%2Eweb%2Eatt%2Ecom%2Fsites%2FGTOICoE%2FLists%2FCOE%5FMT%2FPersonalViews%2Easpx%3FPageView%3DPersonal%26ShowWebPart%3D%7BAD8C38B5%2D02D7%2D465C%2DB0A7%2D437D501F0544%7D&ContentTypeId=0x010030367EDAC98B2A40B0E3870663C07AC2
      6. On the ‘Rebuilt List,’ with DFFS installed, I click on the default edit with EditForm and received ‘Sorry, something went wrong’ error with this URL:
      https://[DomainName]/sites/GTOICoE/Lists/ATLAS/EditForm.aspx?ID=2&Source=https%3A%2F%2Fworkspace%2Eweb%2Eatt%2Ecom%2Fsites%2FGTOICoE%2FLists%2FATLAS%2FAllItems%2Easpx
      7. Tabs are also configured on the Rebuilt List.
      8. In both ‘Original’ and ‘Rebuilt’ some records are edited and work without issue with DFFS while some give an error.
      9. Once a record receives the ‘Sorry, something went wrong’ error, the record cannot be edited either with DFFS installed or uninstalled but can be edited from a custom edit.aspx page without issue.

Hopefully I have provided enough information, but can provide more if needed.

(DFFS Frontend 4.4.2.7; CSS 4.21/4.21; jQuery 1.12.4; SPJS-Utility 1.272)

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m posting this answer again here because the question was posted twice:

If this error keeps occurring even if DFFS is removed it has to be an issue with the record itself and not with DFFS. My guess is that it contains some invalid entries in either a lookup column, people picker or in the content type.

You may be able to edit the item in a datasheet view in a list (add all columns to the view) and try editing one field at a time to see which contains the invalid data.

Alexander

DerekH
      Participant

Following up on this post, my issue turned out to be that when passing values from a people picker field from List A to List B (using a workflow to ‘Create Item in List B’), I was passing across the CurrentItem:CreatedBy:’Display Name’ but should have passed across the CurrentItem:CreatedBy:’User ID Number’ and then display it as ‘Display Name’ on the target List B.

Once this change was applied, the error went away and DFFS works as expected.

Thanks Alexander for the tip that got me straight on this issue.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thanks for the update, I’m glad you figured it out.

Best regards,
      Alexander

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.