Single Quote or apostrophe in cascade field value

Forums Cascading dropdowns Single Quote or apostrophe in cascade field value

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      AdamP
      Participant

Possibly more of a watch out than anything else, I had a report from a user of a cascading dropdown not working for a specific item.
      The level one cascade is a Company Name, and in this case a fairly common O’ name of Irish origin. It looks like the single quote or apostrophe is stopping the lookup of the level two cascade value. My quick fix was to get them to remove the single quote from the name, but I guess it would be nice if the code could be modified slightly to handle such cases.

Adam

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      This should have been addressed v3.532 on November 28, 2016 – which version do you use?

Alexander

AdamP
      Participant

Doh…you’re right…that site’s on 3.528. I’ll have a look at updating it.
      As usual, thanks for the quick response Alexander!

What is the best way of updating DFFS + plugins to a later version, but still with the options to revert back in case there are issues with the later version?

Adam

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

If you back up the old DFFS folder you can roll back the changes in case it don’t work as expected. In later versions of DFFS you can have multiple DFFS versions side-by-side and load the new one in one form only to test, but this feature is not available in this older version.

Alexander

Tony
      Participant

Hi,

I am running on a new version and i have an issue with a rule where a choice field option has an apostrophe. The rule is not running and when i reload DFFS page i get the attached error.
      Any help is really appreciated.

Tony

Attachments:
        Alexander Bautz
        Keymaster

Hi,
        Have you had time to test the new version I released on Monday?

Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I have confirmed this bug and will get it fixed during the weekend and publish a new version.

Alexander

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.