Setting field value from a lookup

Forums Dynamic Forms for SharePoint Setting field value from a lookup

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Alexander Bautz 3 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

JGMcLoughlin
    Participant

I am using DFFS and would like to set a field value using a rule. The problem I have is that the field I wish to use is brought through as part of a look up. The primary lookup field is TOC – standing for Time off Category – and the additional field is called Absence Category. I have established that SharePoint is using the name TOC:Absence Category as the field name, with an internal name of TOC_x003a_Absence_x0020_Category. If I use that internal name in the rule that sets the value of a field called Category, all I get is the text {TOC_x003a_Absence_x0020_Category}. I have tried all sorts of combinations without success. I would appreciate your input to advise if this is possible.

Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

Hi,
    If I understand your question correctly, this is not possible as these “extra” lookup column properties are only available in DispForm.

Have you looked at the vLookup plugin? – this might be able to solve your problem.

If not, you would need to write some custom code to get hold of the value from the “lookup list”.

Alexander

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.