Setting default {currentUser} on People Picker results in invalid entry

Forums Classic DFFS Setting default {currentUser} on People Picker results in invalid entry

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      DougMcCourt
      Participant

Hi all – Have set up a rule triggered on form load to set the default value of a people picker column to {currentUser} – when the form loads – the people picker show the person & presence, and the persons first name (see screen shot). If I set a plain textfield to {currentUser} it behaves as expected. I even tried setting a plain text field called Interim to {currentUser} and then a later rule to set the people picker to {Interim} – but saw the same behaviour.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      This is because you have a comma in the user name. You should use the login name instead like this:

{currentUser:Name} 

Alexander

DougMcCourt
      Participant

Thank-you!

William Summers
      Participant

good day!

I used spjs.utility.userProfile(); to access the properties on the UPS. Unfortunately, most of the columns do not work. An example is I have to use {currentUser:EMail} instead of what the ups says is WorkEmail. I tried AccountName on both a text field and a people field. I am attaching a picture of my fields along with a snapshot of my console output. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

cant delete this… found I was using currentuser instead of userprofile. nevermind this entire comment.

Attachments:
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      When using the user profile in the “Set field value” part of a rule you must use this format:

{userProfile:WorkEmail}

You find this info by hovering over the orange question mark on the “Set field value” section.

Let me know how this works out.

Alexander

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.