Set cursor position after Rules

Forums Dynamic Forms for SharePoint Set cursor position after Rules

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Alexander Bautz 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Brett
    Participant

Hi Alexander,

Is there a way to position the cursor to a specific field after Rules have been fired?
    I’ve got a bunch of Content Types and a Managed Metadata field which uses the set field value in a rule.

Once rule is triggered, if I click in an empty text field and click Save all works fine, but if I just click Save I get error:
    “Value cannot be null. Parameter name: Term Id”. (attached)

If you can please provide a script that can click in a text field after rules are fired, this would help me seal the deal for DFFs SCA license purchase.
    Ask if you need more details?
    Thanks.

Attachments:

Brett
    Participant

Hi Alexander,
    From further testing, are you able to provide a script to click out of the Managed Metadata box from a function in a Rule?
    The last field on the form is this “Doc” Managed Metadata field and it seems to work when I click on anywhere else on the form, then I click Save button.
    I’ve been Googling this and I was leaning towards a jQuery .focusout method, is that right?
    Your help is much appreciated.
    Regards.

Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

Hi,
    You can try adding this to your Custom JS and call the function from the “Run these functions / trigger these rules” in the rule:

function focusOnTitle(){
        jQuery("#dffs_Title input:text").focus();
    }

Brett
    Participant

Thank you Alexander that worked perfectly.
    I also changed it to use the filename column:

jQuery("#dffs_FileLeafRef input:text").focus();

SCA license purchase will follow shortly now that my Manager is impressed DFFS could do what Nintex Forms couldn’t.
    Cheers.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by  Brett.

Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

I’m glad we got it sorted 🙂

Alexander

Rick Cedergren
    Participant

I’m having trouble setting the focus on form load to a people picker field. I tried the function above (as jQuery(“#dffs_Recipient input:text”).focus();) without success. Any thoughts as to why it is not working?

Thanks in advance.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I think the people picker input in earlier SP versions might actually be a div (with contenteditable property) – use the developer tools to inspect the field and change the selector to target the correct element.

Alexander

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.