September 30, 2018 release issue

Forums Dynamic Forms for SharePoint September 30, 2018 release issue

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Alexander Bautz 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author

chgrnet
    Participant

I just updated one of my sites with September 30, 2018 and am seeing an issue with a display form never loading for some of my requests. I have narrowed this down to this file causing the issue: SPJS-utility

What can I look for in the update to this file that could help me fix the issue? I turned error tracking on but because the form will never load I am not getting any of the errors to come on.

Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

If you hit F12 – do you see any errors in the console?

The changes are as specified in the change log.

Alexander

chgrnet
      Participant

I figured out what is causing it not to load on display form (only), but it does not make sense. I have two people picker fields next to each other. This is a 2013 site. The first people picker is a single the second is a multiple. When there is no value in the second, the form loads; when there is a value in the second, the display form won’t load. Is there anything about these fields that is causing the issue?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

No that I know of – are you using any rules triggering on these fields?

Alexander

chgrnet
      Participant

No rules, just making them visible on tabs. I even deleted the tab and deleted where the field appears, but as long as there is a value the display form won’t load. It appears that it does not matter where the multiple people picker appears, if it has a value the display form will not load. As soon as I remove the value, the form loads perfectly. I am re-creating this over and over again. When I go back to the previous SPJS utility, everything loads perfectly.

I guess if no one else has the issue, I won’t upgrade that file. Maybe if others have the issue you can look into it.

chgrnet
      Participant

Maybe the field is corrupted in some way, I’m not sure. I removed the value, then added a new field that is exactly the same and now the form is loading.

There is nothing special about this field, it is just a simple multiple people picker. I even have another one with a value that works, it is just this one field.

Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

Strange, not sure what could cause this behavior. I’m glad you were able to fix it by replacing the field.

Alexander

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.