Save or submit buttons

Forums Classic DFFS Save or submit buttons

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Deric
      Participant

Longer version:
      I’m attempting to have 1 button on my form to save the form, to allow the user to return to it later to finish or edit it and then change the “Status” field to “Save” and produce a dialog box stating that the item is saved but not submitted. On another button, “Submit for Approvals”, to save the form, start a workflow, and change the “Status” to “Submitted for Approvals” (and possibly disable the edit form options for anyone outside of a specific group.

Short Version:
      -Save button
      -Changes status to “Saved”
      -Dialog box saying that the item will be saved but not submitted
      Submit for Approvals button
      -Change status to “Submitted for approvals”
      -Begin Workflow
      -Disable EditForm for general users

I’ve tried searching and found bits and pieces of what I need, but my lack of knowledge of the language prevents me from sewing them together.

Thanks

• This topic was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Deric.
      • This topic was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Deric.
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Have you looked at this example: DFFS Example: Training application list with approval?

It’s a bit complicated, but you could use parts of it to make what you want.

Let me know if you can make something out of it, and if not I’ll try to write up an example as soon as I can manage.

Alexander

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Alexander Bautz. Reason: fixed link
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.