Save Button Options

Forums Classic DFFS Save Button Options

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      CinderGirl
      Participant

Hey there! Couple of questions for the Save button:
      1. Is there a way to change the text so it reads ‘Submit’?
      2. How can I change the redirect to go to a specific site page?

Found some old posts from 2015 but then saw the options under Misc and was wondering if those were used to solve for this? Couldn’t find any info on “Save and redirect” in the User manual?

TIA!!

Keith Hudson
      Participant

1. Here’s some code I have used in the past to change the text on the Save button:

function changeSaveButton(currLabel,newLabel){
      var inputcontrols = $(‘input’);
      alert(inputcontrols.length);
      for(i = 0; i<inputcontrols.length; i++)
      {
      if(inputcontrols[i].type == “button” && inputcontrols[i].value == currLabel)
      inputcontrols[i].value = newLabel;
      }
      }

2. Redirecting the user to a specific page after clicking Save can be done with basic SharePoint functionality. Simply include the url of the page you want the user directed to after they save OR cancel the New form by including it as the Source querystring parameter on the link they click to open the new form on your list.

For instance, if your list is named MyList, and you want the user to go to a page called ThankYou.aspx located in your Pages library after they save or cancel, give them this link to click to start a new item: http://myserver/sites/MySite/Lists/MyList/NewForm.aspx?Source=/sites/MySite/Pages/ThankYou.aspx.

CinderGirl
      Participant

Thanks again! Will give this a try shortly 🙂

CinderGirl
      Participant

Hey Keith,

So when I use the function, errors pop up. Here’s the changes I made. Can you help me figure out what I did wrong?

Errors:
      1. DFFS: There is an error in the custom JS textarea, could not complete the operation due to error 80020101.
      2. DFFS Confi error in “Run these functions/trigger these rules

I’m just calling function changeSaveButton.

function changeSaveButton(Save,Submit){

var inputcontrols = $(‘input’);
      alert(inputcontrols.length);
      for(i = 0; i<inputcontrols.length; i++)
      {
      if(inputcontrols[i].type == “button” && inputcontrols[i].value == currLabel)
      inputcontrols[i].value = newLabel;
      }
      }

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I guess these error are caused by wrong type of quotes in the code snippet (caused by copy-paste from the comment). Try retyping all quotes in the snippet.

Redirecting to another page can also be done using this built in DFFS function:

spjs.dffs.redirect("TheRedirectURL",false);

Depending on the SharePoint version this might not work, but if you are able to control the URL you can use the Source parameter like Keith described.

You can also target the save button directly by its id (using a selector where id ends with):

jQuery("input[id$='_diidIOSaveItem']").val("New save btn label");

Alexander

CinderGirl
      Participant

Sigh, yep. Again, so obvious looking at it now. The issue was the quotes. And I’m usually good with modifying those. Thanks for pointing that out! In the end I used Alex’s version because after fixing the quotes, it was still giving me an error, stating the currLabel value wasn’t set, so I must have change the wrong value.

And the redirect worked great! I’m using Keith’s version for a link on a site page and Alex, using yours on the form pages.

Thanks!!

CinderGirl
      Participant

Alexander,
      Hey Alexander,
      Is there a version of this for the Edit button? Scoured the forums and found a version for the Cancel button but not for Edit on the dispform.

Save: jQuery(“input[id$=’_diidIOSaveItem’]”).val(“Submit This”);
      Cancel: jQuery(“input[id$=’_diidIOGoBack’]”).val(“Cancel This”);

Gave EditItem a shot but that was a no-go lol.

TIA!!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Add this to your Custom JS in DispForm:

jQuery("#Ribbon\\.ListForm\\.Display\\.Manage\\.EditItem-Large span:last").html("New<br>Label");

Alexander

CinderGirl
      Participant

Works perfectly! Thank you!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.