Rules to set date field value to a calculated value

Forums Dynamic Forms for SharePoint Rules to set date field value to a calculated value

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Charlene 4 days, 15 hours ago.

• Author

Charlene
    Participant

HELP!! I’m trying to set up rules to set a calculated date field value based on the input of an end date but need some help! I know how to calculate the dates in Excel, but don’t know JS well enough to incorporate into SharePoint! Can someone please help me with this? I added a list of dates that are calculated in Excel for reference. Do you also know how to move the tooltips to the left of the field instead of the right?

End date inputted: 3/31/2018

Note: All dates below should be on business days.

PL Date: This should be at least 2 months before End date and on a Thursday = 1/25/2018
    GTM Date: This should be at least 1 month before End date and on a 2nd or 4th Friday = 2/23/2018
    Comm1 Date: This should be the next business day after GTM Date = 2/26/2018
    Comm2 Date: This should be the next business day after Comm1 Date = 2/27/2018

THANK YOU!

Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

Hi,
    I’ll try to help you out here, but I’m struggling a bit with the logic for the “GMT Date”. Is what determines if it should be the 2 or 4 which of the dates that are nearest to one month from the end date?

Moving the tooltips should work with this in the custom css:

.customTooltip{
        float:none!important;
        display:inline;
        margin-right:5px;
    }

Charlene
    Participant

Thanks Alexander! Yes, what determines the ‘GTM Date’ is the nearest Friday to to the 1 month before the end date. If that’s too hard to write in, it could be the following 2nd or 4th Friday’s after 1 month before the end date.

Thank you so much!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.