Rules not always firing

Forums Classic DFFS Rules not always firing

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Ivan Wilson
      Participant

I have a new form where I set a people picker field to the current user in JavaScript. This is called from a rule configured to run when the form is ready.

This then triggers a rule that runs when the people picker field is changed.

This works fine most of the time, but sometimes (approx once every 20 times) the on-change rule is not fired. The browser debug does not show any errors. It feels like the rule to set the field is firing before the on-change trigger is registered.

I’m using DFFS 4.4.3.37.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Do you use custom code to set the people picker, or use the “Set field value” section in the rule?

Alexander

Ivan Wilson
      Participant

I’ve tried both approaches. I found that setting the field using the Set Field Value section in a rule did not trigger the “On Change” rule I set up.

Setting it using JavaScript seems to work most times, but not every time. Here is the code I’m using. This is called from a rule that files when the form is ready.

setFieldValue("Manager", _spPageContextInfo.userLoginName);
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I guess there must be a timing issue. Could you try wrapping it like this to see if it behaves better:

setTimeout(function(){
          setFieldValue("Manager", _spPageContextInfo.userLoginName);
      },1500);

Any difference?

Alexander

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.