Rules Limitation?

Forums Classic DFFS Rules Limitation?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Kyle Vaske
      Participant

Is there an amount limitation to the rules that can be applied a form? I have created a list that is growing rather large as the users keep asking for more data to be displayed on it. The list format is several questions that have a Yes/No choice, and then a comments field for each question. They are asking for a rule to be in place for if the answer is No, the comments tab will be required. This would be in place for over a hundred fields, with each question requiring a separate Rule. Will this get too large and slow down the processing of the list?

• This topic was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by Alexander Bautz. Reason: Moved to DFFS forum
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

There is not a definitive limit, but 100 rules will take its toll on the browser. I have not tried this myself though.

Your specific requirement would be better solved with a few lines of custom JS. This will require a list of the fields you want to apply this rule to, and a corresponding list of comment fields to make required.

I’ll try to whip up an example during the weekend.

Alexander

Kyle Vaske
      Participant

A SharePoint List of all the Yes/No columns and another list of all the corresponding Comments columns? Do they need to have matching ID values for each corresponding set of fields?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Add this code to the Custom JS section in the Misc tab. Change the FieldInternalNames in the “arr” to match your field names:

(function(){
      	var arr, chk; 
      	arr = [
      		{"trigger":"YesNoFieldNr1","comment":"YesNoFieldNr1_comment"},
      		{"trigger":"YesNoFieldNr2","comment":"YesNoFieldNr2_comment"},
      		{"trigger":"YesNoFieldNr3","comment":"YesNoFieldNr3_comment"}
      	];
      	$.each(arr,function(i,o){
      		// Click
      		chk = $(spjs.dffs.fields[o.trigger]).find("input:checkbox");
      		chk.click(function(){
      			toggle_requiredByYesNo($(this),o)
      		});
      		// Load
      		toggle_requiredByYesNo(chk,o);
      	});
      })();

function toggle_requiredByYesNo(elm,o){
      	if(elm.prop("checked")){
      		spjs.dffs.flag_Mandatory([o.comment]);	
      	}else{
      		spjs.dffs.clear_Mandatory([o.comment]);	
      	}
      }

Alexander

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.