Rich Text Field – Line Break Rendering

Forums Classic DFFS Rich Text Field – Line Break Rendering

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      DCH
      Participant

I am having an issue with the way Rich Text and Enhanced Rich Text fields are displaying line breaks in the DispForm. I tested with Firefox 31 and IE 11 and both do not render line breaks correctly.

I am migrating content from one SP2010 list to a new SP2010 list on different sites. The content is in Rich Text fields on both sites. The source list has SPJS v3 and everything displays correctly. The destination list uses SPJS v4 where the line breaks don’t render properly.

I inspected the content in MS Word with the P symbols turned on but I don’t see anything obvious that would break the display. I tried using a Rich Text document as an intermediate step in case there were weird objects or something I couldn’t see and it didn’t change anything.

I would normally not consider SPJS as part of the issue for this, but I noticed that the line breaks display correctly in the v4 EditForm, but not in the v4 DispForm. Is it possible that SPJS is effecting the display?

Thanks!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      This is a bug in DFFS, but I thought it was removed. Are you sure you use the latest version of the DFFS frontend CSS file?

I’m not able to look at the code right now, but I’m fairly sure there is a

white-space:nowrap;

somewhere in the CSS file causing this behavior.

Alexander

DCH
        Participant

Phew! I’m not crazy then.

I am using:

DFFS Frontend v4.255
        DFFS Backend v4.254
        CSS version: 4.01 / 4.01
        spjs-utility version: 1.205

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I guess this happens when you use Side-by-side?

You can use the “Field CSS” tab or the CSS examples in the “Side-by-side” tab in the backend to set the width of individual fields, but if you like to change this “globally” in the CSS file, you find this in line 151 in DFFS_frontend.css:

.sbs_FieldTable td.ms-formbody{
      	border-top:none;
      	width:auto;
      }

change it like this:

.sbs_FieldTable td.ms-formbody{
      	border-top:none;
      	/*width:auto;*/
      }

Alexander

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.